Chapter 9: Choices

I looked at him and got out of the couch, I walked to where he was.

"Then I guess we both know what I'm going to choose." I said in a serious tone.

"Door is open if-" He couldn't finish the sentence because I hugged him.

"People will say I'm crazy for giving everything up, but I really like you and I feel safe with you." I said as I looked up at him, He smiled.

"For a second, I thought you were going to choose money." He caressed my face. 

"Nah I wanted to scare you," I giggled,  "I have my savings, plus I own the pace where I live , so I'm good. But I don't think they will cut me off, and if they do, I can always find a new job."

"Well I can hire you as my assistant, if things go south."

"That should be a fun enviorment to work. Making out with my boss and he can have me on his desk." I bit my bottom lip.

"I'm going to end with blue balls, stop teasing me." He sighed as I chuckled.

"You'll live. Now I have to go, I need to talk with, papá."  I told him.

"Alright. I'll pick you up tomorrow for lunch. I have a busy day today and hopefully, we seal a deal."

"Good luck in your company."

"Good luck with, your dad." 

He kissed my cheek and then I left his house. 

..........

I arrived at my parents house and when I entered, they had this pissed off face plastered on them.

"Why so serious?"

"Val, we told you about not socializing with him. And what you heard was, go ahead be friends with a criminal. He robbed a bank!" Mom said.

"No, he didn't. Have you bother to talk to him?" I said with crossed arms.

"You're forbidden from seeing him." Dad ordered me.

I chuckled, "No, I am 20 years old. I can socialize with whoever I want. I work, I make my own money and I have my own place. You can't boss me." I told them.

"You've changed. He is a bad influence on you." Mom told me. "And watch your tone."

"He's a great guy. An innocent man who paid the price cause of others. Now, before I leave, do you want me to hand over you the bakery keys? I'm assuming you're taking it away, I'm just making this easy."

Mom's expression softened. "No, we're not taking it way nor cutting you off.  We're not making the same mistake my parents did with me."

"I think you two should give him a chance. But I won't force you. And  just know, we're more than friends." I smiled. With that said, I left.

"Of all people, she just had to choose someone who just got out of jail!" Dad was fuming.

"It doesn't make me happy either, but I couldn't treat her the way my parents did to me. Maybe with time she will leave him, I mean who says they will last forever, not everyone last long with their relationship." Mom told dad.

"I don't know. I just want him out of her life."

...........

A month went by, even though they didn't take the bakery away, something else was taken away from me, and that's them. They were barely talking to me. Only Mateo did. He even met Stefan and they hit it off really well, so well they played video games and I was chopped liver. I was glad that at least someone from my family liked Stefan.

Stefan stopped smoking. And this weekend would be our first date and finally I get to kiss him. It's so hard being around him and not jumping on him to kiss him.

We were all hanging out at my apartment. Mateo was officially in a relationship with Belinda and Natalie was single. Turns out, her douche of a boyfriend couldn't deal with Nat's clumsiness and he told her she was horrible in bed. He learned the hard way what happens when you disrespect royalty. She was fine being single, less drama. Those were her words.

Crash! 

"Nat, are you okay?" I asked while entering the kitchen. She had salad all over her hair and clothes.

"No, I'm not okay." She started to cry. "I got dumped, I'm very clumsy, I suck at love and in bed. I thought he really liked me. But once he had what he wanted, he dumped me." At this point, she was crying hysterically.  

I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her, "He is just some guy who didn't appreciate you. The right guy will come and everything will make sense as to why it never worked out with that other asshole, whatever his name is, I can't remember." I told her, she chuckled.

Everyone came into the kitchen and saw us.

"I never told anyone, but I was part of a bet. He just had to bang a virgin and done. I gave myself to someone who wasn't worthy." She cried some more.

"Bright side, he can't reproduce anymore, I'm pretty sure your family left him infertile." Beli told her, she laughed while wiping her tears away. "The right guy will love you, even your clumsiness."

"Love hurts, and it sucks dealing with heartbreak, but time will heal it. We learn from this experience and move on." Stefan told her, she nodded.

"Thank you all for your words, they help me a lot." She smiled.

"We're here for your, Nat." Mateo said while helping her get up.

Natalie has has a tender heart, that's why we're so protective of her. I hope Stefan wont let me fall, because that would suck.