Chapter 18: Meant To Be?

I was making lunch when I got a call from the hospital. Weird this call was from a hospital in Washington. When he mentioned Stefan, my heart shattered. Seeing as our relationship was growing, we decided to put each other's in the emergency list.

I drove to my parents place and I explained to them what happened. Mom made a few calls and told us that a private jet was waiting for us at the airport. I contacted his family and told them what happened. Dad drove as fast as he could. Once we arrived at the airport, we boarded the private jet and took off immediately. His parents were also flying with us.

.......

We arrived and made our way to the hospital and asked for answers. The doctor told us he was still in the operating room. 

"He can't die, he needs to be alive so we can fix our relationship and he needs to know that he will be a dad." I started to cry. Mom pulled me into a hug.

"Wait, you're pregnant?" His parents asked me.

"Yeah, I wanted to tell him but he never answered." I sobbed.

They congratulated me on the baby. 

Hours went by and still nothing about Stefan. I just wanted him to wake up. Even if we didn't work out, I wanted him alive.  

"Family of Stefan Campbell?" The doctor announced, we all got up.

"He is out of danger, took us long cause the bullet was in a very hard place to remove. But luckily, nothing was damaged, the bullet didn't hit anything inside. He got lucky, cause that bullet was two inches away from his left lung."

"Can we see him?" His mom asked.

"Yeah, he is resting right now."

"Thank you so much." I sobbed while looking at the doctor. He just smiled and guided Stefan's family to his room.

"He's okay." I smiled as tears of happiness were falling. My parents just smiled.

"Hopefully things will get better between you two." Mateo told me, I just nodded.  I really hope so.

A few minutes later, his family came back.

"Well, he keeps mumbling your name in his sleep. And he's drooling I guess he is really okay." Luna said which cause us to laugh. 

"Can I go see him?" I asked them.

"You don't need our permission, we're already family." His dad told me, that made me smile. 

"I don't believe we've met properly." Dad mentioned.

I left and went straight to his room. 

"Hey, you." I said while sitting on a chair that was next to his bed. "I miss you and love you like crazy."

I asked if it was okay for me to stay here and they said it was fine. They are bringing me clothes tomorrow.

"I have some big news." I caressed his pale face. "Well actually two big news."

I talked to him for a few hours but he was still sleeping. I didnt realized how much I've missed him till now.

The next day, I was woken up by someone playing with my hair. I look up to see him smiling down at me.

"Stefan, I'm sorry." I cried.

"I'm sorry too, I behaved like a jerk and left you when I promised I wouldn't." He wiped my tears.

"I trust you, I just got so jealous and scared to lose you." I sobbed.

"Sorry for lying to you, she's not into me, she's into chicks, I figured you wouldn't believe me either way.  But just know, I never cheated on you. I love you so much." He caressed my face. 

"We were both at fault here. Someone in your company told me that you were with your assistant and didn't want to be bother, and then he told me you and your assistant were banging in your office. It broke my heart when I heard that. I didn't know what to believe." I wiped my face as tears kept falling. 

"Well, they lied to you, I hate cheating and I would never cheat on you. Whoever told you this, will get fired."

He told me what went down at the hotel room. Man, how is it that he always get stuck with crazy girls. I also told him who was the one who feed me lies, he took my phone, made a call and he fired him.

"I love you, Stefan." I said before placing a soft kiss on his lips. "I've missed your lips so much."

"So did I, baby girl." He pecked my lips.

"So, I have two news. The first is the band of skulls mask are dead, there was a massive fire in the outskirts of the city and that's where they were hiding. I'm guessing your ex was involved with them. Too much coincidence that all of them were hiding there." I told him.

"You know what, I'm glad they're dead, I wanted to kill them, but I don't care about that anymore, I just care about you. I'm done with this revenge. When you're so close to death and get a second chance in life, gives you time to reflect about what's important."

"You're right." I smiled. "Well, the leader is still out. But the rest are dead."

"Well, at least I can get my hands on him once I'm better. Or let the police do their job. Let's go with the second option, I'm too old for this shit." He said which cause me to laugh.

"Thirty is not old, you're hot and knows how to rock my world so much, a life was created." I grinned as he went in shocked mode.

Maybe I shouldn't have told him that. I hope I dont kill him with this information.

"So, you're saying our baby was actually conceived on a dark and stormy night?" He started to laugh.

"Are you high?" I asked a bit worried seeing as he was laughing like crazy.

"That's amazing, I can't wait to meet our baby. I just found it funny that it actually came true what I said at breakfast that time." He said as I shook my head.

"Well, glad you're on board. I was ready to become a single mom."

"Nope, you got your boyfriend and baby daddy right here to help." I smiled at that.

"So we're officially back?"

"Yeah, you're mine, baby girl and once I'm healed, I will make you scream with pleasure." He told me before pulling me into a kiss.