Chapter 19: Trouble Ahead

After a few days in Washington, we returned. He had to take it easy, he also asked me to move in with him and I said yes, I mean we're in love a couple and expecting a baby. I don't see why not. My apartment will only be locked but still belongs to me. I won't be selling it.

Oh, and his crazy assistant killed herself in jail when she learned she was going to spend lots of years there.

As my pregnancy advanced, I got crazy cravings and lots of sex, so much I drained Stefan. And I'm pretty sure I'm driving him crazy. I was 6 months pregnant. And we are having twins. Girl and boy. He really did scored. You have any idea what is like to have a double kick? 

"You two stop kicking your mommy." I sighed while rubbing my belly.

"You okay?" He asked while sitting on the bed next to me.

"Yeah, just our babies playing soccer in my belly." I said as he laughed. 

"Three more months and then no more kicking, just crying and waking up early." He said while pulling me to him.

"Yeah, are you sure you're ready for that?"

"Yes, I won't leave you. Even if we fight, have a disagreement. I'm here for our babies and you. I'm not walking away from my family." He pulled me into a kiss, one very heated kiss that turned into us going at it like crazy.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I said while laying my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me.

........

A few days went by and I was at the bakery. Stefan didn't want me to work while being pregnant. But I told him that I would be fine. Besides, I already have a bodyguard, I should be safe.

"I think you shouldn't work. This job is tiring. You're six months pregnant." Beli told me as she decorated a cake.

"But I like working here. I'll be fine." I assured her.

Crash!

"Nat's here." I said before going out.

I searched for her but nothing. Weird. I was about to return to the kitchen when I felt a sharp object in my belly. I screamed alerting everyone. But instead of helping, they ran away. Beli came out, but I told her to run. And that's what she did.

I turned around and came face to face with a man I've never seen in my life.

"Tell your boyfriend, this is the first warning. I know he was the one who started the fire and killed my sister and  the others." With that said, he left.

"An ambulance is coming. Hang in there." Beli said while crying.

"I don't want to lose them." I cried while holding my belly.

"You won't, they will live because they have a strong momma." She cried while holding my face. My eyes were closing. "Stay awake, don't you dare leave me!" She screamed.

Stefan

I was getting ready to leave the office to visit Val at the bakery. I worry too much when she's there. Especially. since she's pregnant.

Ring!

That one call shattered me. I left the building and made a run to the hospital when I arrived, I saw Beli and Val's family. 

"How is she? How are the babies." I lost it and started to cry.

"She's still inside and no one is giving us answers." Chantelle told me while crying.

"Where is she?" Natalie asked while walking towards us. "Please tell me, her and the babies are okay." She started to cry.

"We don't know yet." Ricardo answered her.

"She kept holding her belly and saying she didn't want to lose them. It broke me." Beli cried as Mateo held her.

"My sister and the babies will be fine. I know it." He cried.

They have to be fine, all three of them. I can't lose them. Whoever did this will pay so hard.

"Beli, did you see who stabbed her?" I asked.

When she described him, anger took over. That asshole is so dead. I will make sure to kill him. He fucking messed with the wrong person.

A few hours later, the doctor came out.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She lost a lot of blood, she's weak right now."

"Tell me that the babies are okay." My voice was breaking. 

"They're lucky. All three of them are fine. And even though Valentina is weak, she will recover." He smiled.

I was finally able to breathe again. The thought of losing my little family was killing me. 

"We did a checkup on the babies and what we saw is rare. I've only seen this like 3 times with twins. Here."

He gave me an ultrasound photo of the twins. They were hugging. I cried of happiness. I passed it to the rest and they cried too.

Her family went in first with Beli. I waited outside. After 30 minutes they came outside.

"She's still sleeping, I will stay with her the night." Chantelle told me.

"You guys go and rest, I will stay. I don't want to be away from her." I told her.

"Please let us know if anything happens ." Ricardo told me. I nodded. I said bye and went to her room.

I sat next to her and held her hand. "Hey baby girl. You are a very strong woman. You fought for your life and our babies." I cried. It pained me to see her in this state. She was really pale.

That fucker is a dead man. I won't sleep till I find him.

..........

The next day I woke up by the sound of her voice yelling  my name.

"The babies, are they okay?" She started to cry.

"They are fine, you three are."I said as I wiped her tears. "Look at this."

"Oh my God, they're hugging." She cried some more. "I'm sorry for putting in danger our lives."

"You don't have to be sorry about anything. Is that fucker that will be sorry he ever harmed you and our babies." I replied while caressing her beautiful face.

She extended her arms so I could hug her. And that's what I did.

"I got you, baby girl." I pulled away and looked her deep into those beautiful blue eyes. "Marry me?"

"Yes, nothing would make me happier than marrying the love of my life." She said as tears started to fall. 

I slid the ring on her finger and then placed a soft kiss on her lips. 

"I love you so much." She said. before falling asleep. 

"I love you more, babygirl." I gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." I turned to see Ricardo.

This can go two ways, either he tells me to leave his daughter alone, or I will lose it and tell him how it is.