Fourteen

"J-Jennie..?"

The last person she expected to see. Kim Jennie. The one that got away.

Jennie was so confused, "Yes..? That's my name..."

"It's me," Nayeon said firmly.

"Miss, I don't understand-"

Nayeon cut her off by grabbing her wrist and looking deep into her eyes, "It's me, Jennie."

Jennie's eyes widened and she took a step back, "Nayeon?!"

Nayeon smiled and nodded.

Jennie covered her wide mouth with her palm, "Is it really you?!"

"Yes! It's me!" Nayeon giggled.

Jennie squealed, a little too loud. It made some heads turn which snapped the two back into reality as they were in public.

"When did you come back?" Nayeon excitedly asked.

"A month ago! I work here part time," Jennie explained.

Nayeon noticed something in her hand move and it was Dahyun's grip loosening. Dahyun was next to her the entire time. Dahyun was looking down at her feet awkwardly. She felt uncomfortable.

"Oh my god, how rude of me," Nayeon muttered as she realized that she totally forgot about Dahyun, "Jennie, this is my girlfriend, Dahyun. Dahyunie, this is Jennie."

Dahyun felt good that Nayeon still introduced her as her girlfriend.

Nayeon swore she saw Jennie's mood drop for half a second at the mention of "girlfriend" but Jennie seemed happier, "Hi, Dahyun! I'm Jennie, so nice to meet you."

"Likewise. Nayeon actually told me about you once," Dahyun said.

Jennie smiled and continued to check out the two pairs of jeans Nayeon wanted.

"Can I have your number? If you don't mind," Jennie asked, "It's just... I haven't seen you in so long and I missed you so much."

Dahyun felt a little uneasy. She felt so... out of place.

Nayeon pouted, "I missed you, too. Here, type it into my phone."

Nayeon handed her phone to Jennie. Jennie typed in her number and gave the phone back to her.

"It was nice seeing you, Nayeon!" Jennie turned to Dahyun, "It was also nice meeting you, Dahyun."

"It was nice meeting you, too. Have a good day," Dahyun politely said, when in reality, she just wanted to get the hell out of there.

Nayeon smiled at Jennie once more before leaving the store with Dahyun, hands held.

"What a pleasant surprise," Dahyun fake smiled.

Nayeon sighed happily, "Yeah, it was also pretty unexpected as well. But, nonetheless, I'm great that she's doing okay and I'm happy to see her."

"Yeah..." Dahyun trailed off.

Nayeon looked at her and was concerned, "Dahyun? What's wrong?"

Dahyun shook her head and let go of Nayeon's hand. She stuffed her hands into her jacket pockets.

"Dahyun. Talk to me."