Chapter 24

(Shadow Pov)

Me and Rouge entered G.U.N's main entrance, I was shaking with fear.

Should I tell Rouge?

I didn't exactly kill Eggman, but I still helped.

"Shadow are you okay? You look like you just seen a ghost." Rouge asked, as she put a hand on my shoulder.

I shook my head, and continued walking to Commanders office.

I could tell Rouge didn't believe me, but that isn't my problem right now, my problem was...

how am I going to tell them the truth?

I knocked on Commanders door, holding the door knob with my other hand, waiting for the okay to walk in to his office.

"Come in!" Commander yelled.

I sighed and opened the door, and walked in as Rouge followed and we took a seat.

"Agent Rouge, Agent Shadow, I'm sorry to interrupted your sleep schedule, and time off, but this is very important." Commander sighed, as he leaned forward on his office chair.

I growled softly, trying my best to stay awake.

"So we been reported that Eggman seems to be missing, and that could mean anything. It is your job to find him dead or alive, gather as much information as you can and please report it back to us." Commander explained.

"We will try are best." Rouge said, as she stood up from her chair.

I shortly stood up after, and followed Rouge out of the office.

"Great, now Eggman is causing trouble." Rouge groaned, as we walked to the exit.

"Yeah." I mumbled softly.

"He's always up to no good, I swear. When that old man dies someday, will be stress free!" Rouge sighed, as she held the door open for me.

I wish that was true, then I wouldn't be in this situation...

"We should head to Eggmans lab, he's probably just hiding in there." Rouge said, as we walked to her car.

I nodded, and followed her, trying my best not to burst.

"Shadow are you sure your alright? You seriously don't look so well." Rouge asked.

I can't hide this from her...

"Rouge, I know where Eggman is." I said sternly.

"You do? Where is he!" Rouge asked, as she opened her car door.

I sighed, and got into the car and stayed silent until she turned on the car.

"Sonic, he-" I paused.

"Sonic what?"

"Sonic killed him..." I whispered.

"What..."

Tears streamed down my face, remembering seeing blood everywhere, Eggmans dead body laying on the floor, and Sonic regrets.

"I helped, not kill him, but I helped hide his body. This is all MY fault, if I wasn't such a fool I wouldn't of went to Eggmans lab and gotten captured." I sobbed into my hands.

Rouge sat speechless, as if she was frozen.

"Shadow this isn't your fault, it's Sonics. Sonic shouldn't of killed Eggman, that was selfish of him to make you help. Just remember this isn't your fault." Rouge said, as she rubbed my back.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"We'll figure out something, after all we always do." Rouge said, chuckling lightly.

"There's one more thing I have to tell you." I whispered.

"What is it?"

"Sonic, he kissed me, and I think I might like him..."

"WHAT? BUT-"

"I know I know! I guess I just caught feelings for him, even if he killed our biggest problem. When it's just me and him, he's different, and I like that. And yes, after we kissed we argued right away about a cat, but I think I'm catching feelings, and I might actually love him!" I said in one breath.

Rouge stared blankly at me, processing everything I just told her.

"You-u love him-m? She stuttered.

I shrugged.

I don't know If I love him, but deep down, I do love him, I'm just not ready to admit that.

"Then let's go fake his death.." Rouge whispered, as she backed her car out and drove to Eggmans lab.

This is going to be fun...