CHAPTER 6

Jazz woke up by 10am; she was suspended from school so she might as well sleep in. She looked around and saw her roommates chatting and giggling. What were they still doing here? Didn't they have school to go to? "Are you guys ditching school?" Jazz asked.

Kelechi and Ronke stared at her for a while. "Today is Saturday," Kelechi answered.

"Really?!" Jazz was so excited she could barely contain herself as she hurriedly made her bed and moonwalked into the bathroom and after a while, moonwalked back out. She put on a crop top, ripped jeans and sneakers then threw on a jacket and ran out of the room with her phone.

Why would this stupid school only allow phones on weekends? She thought as she made her way downstairs.

Sure they were allowed to talk to their parents during weekdays with the matron's phone but she was still mad at them and so didn't want to talk to them yet. She would finally get to talk to her best friend, Aimee, today. She couldn't wait to tell her all about the school and everything that happened and also rant about the things and people she didn't like. After about two or three rings, Aimee picked the call.

"Oh my god Jazz!" she screamed.

"Aimee!!"

"I've missed you so much. I thought I'd never hear from you again, your phone has been switched off all week!"

"I've missed you more than you can imagine Aimee. I would've called, it's just that phones are only allowed on weekends and the signal here is terrible."

"Oh. So how are you and how is your new school?"

"Let me start off with I hate this school. I wonder what my parents were thinking bringing me here?"

"You know, I kinda agree with your parents on this one."

"Excuse me? Are you taking their side now?"

"Yes. I'm your best friend and I want the best for you. I think your parents made the right decision by taking you there. You really needed a reform and if your parents took you to that school then it's probably good for you. After all, your dad schooled there and look at him now. I'm sure in no time you'll get used to the place."

"Oh shut up Aimee. I can't believe you're saying this to me." Jazz was visibly getting upset.

"Jazz listen, you should just accept your parents' decision and see the change a change in environment is gonna have on you."

"I don't need to listen to any bullshit that you have to say."

"Oh come on."

"I thought you were my friend, Aimee."

"I am your friend, Jazz."

"I don't think so," Jazz said and ended the call. Aimee tried calling back but Jazz ignored her calls.

Jazz groaned as she walked on the grass not really knowing exactly where she was going. She bumped into someone and scowled at the person who held her so she wouldn't lose balance. "Careful, watch where you're going," A male voice said and Jazz looked up at the owner; the boy was tall and dark, with his dark brown hair in a neat haircut and an amused look on his face.

"Let go of me," Jazz said rudely and he laughed, carefully letting go of her.

"Is that the thanks I get for saving you from falling?" he asked.

"You're the one who bumped into me so saving me from falling is your apology."

He laughed again. "So is my apology accepted?" he asked.

"You have a good sense of humour."

"I know." He held out his hand. "I'm Mitchel."

"I didn't ask for your name."