Chapter 1

"Mom...Dad...We have something we need to tell you." I say with a small voice.

"What's wrong?" my mom asks.

"We're friends with the Potters...And Ron's kids..." my twin replies with a matching voice to mine.

My mom has a small smile grow on her face, "Do they respect you and are they kind to you?"

We both quickly nod and when I stop my vision isn't as focused as it once was.

"That's perfectly fine then. If they aren't disrespectful to you then I'm okay with it," she says with the bright smile we've known all our lives.

I quickly look over at my twin and he has a small smile on his face and we both go in for a hug with our mom.

***

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I have a smile on my face as I wake up from the memory-filled dream.

It's the middle of August and I can smell breakfast cooking downstairs. So, I get up and head downstairs.

As I walk down the stairs I can hear footsteps behind me so I look up and I see my twin at the top with a smirk on his face.

"Scorpius don't you dare!" I exclaim before running down the rest of the steps as fast as I could.

I, of course, wasn't fast enough. Scorp apparated into the kitchen and I groaned when I saw him standing by the counter with a piece of bacon dangling out of his mouth.

"What took you so long, Cait? The bacon is getting cold," he said with a smirk as he took another piece of bacon from the plate.

I growled at him walked over to the counter and grabbed a plate and some food but not before slapping him over the head.

"Hey! Caitlin no hitting your brother! You know the rules!" Mom yelled.

"Actually, the only rules are no using magic in the house for us kids. Scorp just broke that rule."

I looked over at the steps to see Jane standing there with a smile on her face.

Mom sighed and put another pile of bacon onto the plate before grabbing a couple more plates.

A smirk grew on my face and I continued to eat until I heard a knock at the door. I left my plate on the counter and opened the door for whoever it was and smiled when I saw one of the other two Mauraders.

"Hey, Addie! What are you doing here?" I ask with a smile.

"Well, it's been a few days since we've seen each other and I'm bored so I decided to apparate over here."

Addie, Alex, Scorp, and I call ourselves the next generation Marauders. We pull off pranks that would even impress the Weasley twins.

"Well, it's great to see you. If you haven't eaten yet, Mom just finished cooking breakfast." I say with a smile as I walk into the kitchen with Addie right behind me.

I was only out of the kitchen for two minutes and my plate still had plenty of food left on it, so you can guess the feeling I had when my plate was empty except for a few crumbs.

I glared at my twin and I slowly took my wand out from my pocket.

"Caitlin..." Addie said as she saw what my hand was doing.

"You little cockroach!" I yelled right before I cast the body-binding curse on my twin.

He yelped right before he fell to the ground.

"Caitlin! Give me your wand!" Mom yelled at me before stomping towards me.

I groaned and started to hand it to her until I started to hear laughing.

I look towards the direction of the sound and I saw my dad laughing so hard he was holding his side.

"Why are you laughing?!" Mom exclaimed.

Dad controlled himself as much as he could, "It's just hilarious to see how protective of food these kids are. It reminded me of you when you were pregnant."

He started to laugh even harder than before and I looked over to Mom who was fuming.

Dude Mom is about to blow!

I quickly remove the curse from my twin and he gets out of the danger zone over to me and Addie before Mom cracks.

"DRACO MALFOY YOU COCKROACH! I BROUGHT THREE LIVES INTO THIS WORLD! YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME BEING PROTECTIVE OF FOOD WHILE BEING PREGNANT WHILE YOU ARE JUST AS PROTECTIVE WITH YOUR HAIR SUPPLIES!"

None of us can hold it in anymore and Addie, Jane, Scorp, and I all explode in laughter and don't even try to keep ourselves from falling to the ground. Eventually, Mom and Dad start laughing as well and they join us on the floor.

"Honestly Dad, I've seen Lions less protective of their food compared to you with your hair supplies!" Jane exclaims.

We all laugh even more and when we all finally calm down we finish breakfast and I head upstairs with Addie to get ready.

"We're supposed to get our Hogwarts letters sometime today right?" Addie asks from my bedroom while I'm changing in my closet.

"I think so," I reply as I changed into a light grey cropped hoodie and some bleached skinny jeans.

I leave my closet and I sit on my bed with Addie and I grab today's Daily Prophet.

I look at the front cover and instantly laugh.

"What's so hilarious?" Addie asks as she looks over at me.

"Come with me, this will be great," I say before quickly leaving my bed and heading downstairs.

Addie follows me throughout the house and once we get into the living room I hide the magazine before looking between my parents.

"Have you read the Daily Prophet yet?" I ask.

"Not yet, why?" Mom asks.

"Ms. Skeeter says you guys are getting a divorce," I say with a huge smirk.

"Let me guess, I'm snogging Theo again?" Mom asks.

"No, actually...Dad is." I say with an even bigger smirk.

Mom slams her mug onto the coffee table beside her and glares at Dad, "Goddamnit, Draco! Let me have my affair in peace!"

Everyone bursts out laughing and I throw my copy of the Daily Prophet into the fireplace.

We continue to laugh for a few minutes and we only stop when we hear tapping.

I look around the room and my eyes are the first to land on the barn owl outside of our window. I let it in and stroke it's feathers as I take the four letters from it.

Once I give it one last stroke of its feathers, it flies out of the room and I close the window. I hand Addie her letter and I yell up the stairs for the other two to come down and get their letters.