Chapter 13

I smile and I look back at Addy.

"Scorp says they're ready for us to come down."

She smiles and grabs her bag before tossing me mine, "Well c' mon then! They're gonna freak when they see you!"

I laugh a little, "They're going to freak when they see you."

She laughs a little and she opens the door, "Shall we?"

I nod and smile, "We shall."

We both walk out of my room with our arms linked and as we walk down the stairs I notice Scorp and Alex, as well as one other person freeze in place.

"Oh..."

"My..."

"God..."

Scorp, Alex, and Nick are all standing there with their jaws dropped. The three of them look amazing, and I'm pretty sure they think the same about us.

"You guys look great," I say with a smile as Addie and I reach the bottom of the staircase.

"So do you," Scorp replies.

I notice Nick still has his jaw dropped so I decided to mess with him a tiny bit and use the tip of my finger to lift it back up.

He shakes his head and smiles a tiny bit, "You look amazing, Caity."

"Caity?" the other three ask in unison.

"Oh, I uh made up the nickname Caity since I was kinda bored with just Cait" Nick quickly replied.

The three of them looked at each other in silence and I just rolled my eyes at them. I honestly couldn't care less about what they were thinking.

"How about we get down to the Great Hall?"

We all walk down the never-ending corridors of Hogwarts and we eventually found ourselves in front of the giant wooden doors with the other victors and McGonagall waiting for us.

"Good evening, children. Scorpius, Alexander, and Addison you must go into the hall now. But you two," McGonagall signaled to me and Nick, "will be staying here."

The other three nodded and walked in and McGonagall looked at the other six, including me, students in the corridor and smiled kindly at us.

"Now, in a few moments, I will walk into the Great Hall and announce you all in, one pair at a time. First, it will be Stefan and Sadie, then Rosalina and Lorcan, and then finally Caitlin and Nickolas. Any questions?" McGonagall asks.

We all shake our heads no and she nods, "Okay, good. Now I will be going now, so please listen carefully."

She leaves and a few moments later the large doors in front of us open and we hear the first pair being announced. We all slowly enter and once we get to the center of the room, we start the ball with the traditional dance.

***

It's two hours later and the Weird Sisters are on stage making the ball even more memorable.

I am getting something to drink from the refreshments table when I hear someone clear their throat behind me.

I turn around to see Harry standing there looking at me curiously.

"Good evening, Mr. Potter. Anything I may help you with?" I ask.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

His question easily takes me by surprise. Why wouldn't I be okay? I mean I can actually think of a few reasons but Harry has no reason to care...