twenty

harry was fuming. he couldn't believe his ears when those words left his sister's mouth. he can't believe she had the guts to even say that to him. she can talk all the shit she wants about everything else and harry would've let it go, but to point the finger at harry on their mother's death was just wrong.

he already felt shitty enough as it is, and now he's being blamed for their mother being murdered. he couldn't believe it. harry is absolutely appalled and pissed off. he understands that she's mourning still, but that gives her no right to say whatever she wants and get away with it. she doesn't take harry's feelings into consideration at all. he is sick of it. he doesn't even want to talk to her anymore, ever again for all he cares.

he sat in the room alone, glaring at the wall. not only was he angry, but he was sad, frustrated, and tired. they used to be close, and he thought losing their mum would have brought them closer, but gemma was so hostile towards him. harry understands dating zayn is unusual, but he can't help that he fell so hard, so quickly for him. zayn made him happy, he was an amazing companion to have, he genuinely has a good heart. it's not his fault that the complications back in his world manifested into something bigger.

he never thought he'd hate his sister, but he hate her right now. he just couldn't get through to her and for her to go as far as to say harry is at fault for their mother dying is far beyond the line.

harry hears the door open, but doesn't look to see who it is. soon, zayn lies down beside him, with his elbow against the pillow and his head propped on his hand. harry's eyes meet his. zayn raises an eyebrow, bringing his hand out to brush harry's unruly hair back. "wanna talk?"

"talk about what?" harry asked, fake clueless.

"babe, it's really hard to concentrate when all i can hear is how many different ways you want to strangle your sister."

harry bats his eyelashes innocently, "i did no such thing."

zayn gives him a look, "babe." harry groans at him, already knowing what's coming next. "you don't really feel that way."

"i do."

"babe."

"no, have you seen her lately? she's been a complete bitch to me. don't even give me that she just lost her mother speech, because i know you are. but, you know i lost my mum too, and we are entitled to feel how we want to. i let her mourn and be sad, try to help her heal, so how come she gets to feel how she wants and i don't? it's not fair."

"i know, love."

"then she has to audacity to say what she did to me. if i had been standing next to her i wouldn't have been able to stop myself from slapping her." harry says, frowning angrily. zayn smiles at him, because let's face it. harry looks fucking cute when he's trying to be mad. he looks like a bunny. "zayn, seriously?" harry whines, hitting zayn's arm when he hears zayn's thoughts. zayn laughs, leaning forward to kiss his forehead, harry glaring at him.

"sorry, i can't help it. it's so funny when you scrunch up your face like that." zayn admits. harry rolls his eyes, holding back a smile.

"see, this is what i mean. it's really hard to be mad or sad around you. you just, make everything feel okay again." harry sighs. zayn nods smiling at him as he plays in harry's hair.

"that's how you make me feel, and more." zayn says. "but don't hate your sister, she's-"

harry cuts him off, "a bitch, i know. anyway, as my beloved soulmate, it's your job to distract me from this stress." harry pouts. zayn chuckles at him, pushing his thumb against harry's cheek.