Part 7

[Time skip: The next morning]

Alex: *to John* You sure you have everything?! You have your turtle plushie? The turtle plushie accessories? Your turtle hoodies?

John: I have everything I need, don't worry. *smiles, kisses Alex on the cheek*

Alex: *grabs John's hand, takes a deep breath* Good. I think Herc and Laf are waiting for us by the doors.

John: And Peggy...

Alex: *laughs lightly* Yeah. And Peggy.

John: She's great. I can't believe I met all you guys here. *wipes a tear away* God, I say it like I'm never coming back.

Alex: *stomach drops, nervous laugh* Good thing you a-are coming back though...

John: Don't even worry about that, Alex. I am coming back, I promise you that.

Alex: *nods, smiles* Yeah. Yeah, you are. *looks into John's eyes, pulls John's face to his, kisses John*

John: *kisses back, pulls away* Ok, ok. I really have to go. *smiles sadly, pulls Alex by the hand to the door*

Alex: *nods a couple times, following John out down to the main doors where Herc and Laf are*

John: Hey guys! *waves at Herc and Laf, trying to stay happy*

Herc: *sad, holding back tears* I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE, JOHN!

John: Yeah, I don't wanna leave either. *gives Herc big hug*

Herc: *hugs back, pulls away* You better bring me something when you come back.

John: Yes, of course.

Herc: *forces a smile* Good. Your dad is proud of you. Now say goodbye to your mom.

John: Yeah. Yeah, ok. *turns to Laf*

Laf: Hey.

John: Hi. *hugs Laf*

Laf: *hugs back, not crying, not really the type to get externally emotional but he's sad*

John: *mutters to Laf* I don't know how I'm gonna do it. You're like... my best friend. Ever. *thinking: dontcrydontcry*

Laf: You'll be back, I don't doubt it. *smiles sadly, pulls back* I'll see ya... on the other side. When you get back.

John: Yep. When I get back. *smiles sadly* I'm gonna miss all of you! And I don't even know for how long! This is stupid. *wiping his eyes, he's crying now*

Herc: *squeezes Laf's arm, desperately holding in tears*

Alex: *looking at the ground*

John: *walks over to Alex, lifts Alex's head so he's looking into John's eyes, kisses Alex*

Alex: *kisses back, tears run down cheeks*

John: I'll be back, ok? I'm gonna miss you so much. *hugs Alex super tight* I love you.

Alex: *sobs* John- *covers mouth*

John: *hugs Alex even tighter, trying and failing not to cry*

Peggy: *runs in* I'M SORRY I'M LATE I GOT CAU- *sees Alex and John hugging and crying, sees Laf covering his face, sees Herc with tears streaming down his face, looks at John* John...

John: It's ok, Peggy. You're here, that's what matters. *hugs Peggy too*

Peggy: *hugs back* Don't you dare make me cry. *starts to get teary-eyed* I'm wearing mascara. If it runs I'll be so mad at you. *playful, trying to hide sadness*