Part 24

[Timeskip: John and Alex are at "the place"]

Alex: *pulls to the side of the road next to an open field, sun is setting, beautiful golden glow all around, gets out of the car*

John: *staring at the ceiling of the car* Do I have to close my eyes for this one?

Alex: *smiles* No. You just have to follow me.

John: Good. *gets out and looks around* Oh... it's beautiful.

Alex: *takes John's hand, grins, starts running out into the field*

John: *stumbles along behind Alex, smirking*

Alex: *towards the middle of the field, falls down, pulls John down with him*

John: *catches himself with his good hand, laughs*

Alex: *laughing with John, smiles up at the sky*

John: Sooo... why'd you wanna take me here?

Alex: *slowly stands back up, reaches down to help John up*

John: *stands up with Alex's help, kind of confused, but in a good way*

Alex: *holds John's hands in his own, looks up at John* I thought this would be a good place to make a promise.

John: Yeah. I think it is. *looks up at the sky*

Alex: *while John isn't looking, pulls out the box the promise rings are in, gets down on one knee, opens the box*

John: *looks back down, sees Alex, sort of doesn't know how to react*

Alex: John... I want to make this promise official. I want to swear my life to yours.

John: ...okay...

Alex: *looks into John's eyes* I promise to never leave your side for as long as I live.

John: Mhm... *trying to breathe normally*

Alex: *stands up, takes John's left hand* May I place the ring on your finger?

John: So formal... Yeah. Of course.

Alex: *smiling softly, slowly slides the ring onto John's ring finger, gives his ring to John*

John: I can't function right now... *kind of crying*

Alex: *wipes John's tears* I know, love. *helps John slide his own ring onto his own finger* These rings will only come off when we get engaged.

John: Mhmmmm... *looking at Alex, brushes a bit of hair out of Alex's face*

Alex: *looks up at John, eyes soft*

John: How are you so... smooth right now? I'm just a flustered, sobbing mess. *crying a lot*

Alex: *holds John's face between his own hands* ...Because I love you. And I want you to know that I'd do anything for you. Now, that's a promise.

John: Yeah... yeah, I know. *crying more*

Alex: *looks into John's eyes, gently kisses John's lips*

John: *kisses Alex back, keeping it really fluffy and soft*

Alex: *pulls back, gazes into John's eyes* I love you so much, babe.

John: I love you too. So so much.

Alex: And you know I'd do anything to make you smile, right?

John: Yeah. I know.

Alex: *smiles* Good. *leans closer* 'Cause you mean the world to me. *kisses John again*

John: *leans into Alex*