Chapter Thirty Five

Joey's POV

It's been a couple of days since Sus and I went on our first date. I like the sound of that. We had a blast with her parents and then made our way back to Nashville. The guys and I have had a seriously hard time picking out winners for the contest.

The same mysterious donor that gave us the money to have the contest also is sponsoring our whole tour. We don't even have to pay for the gas for the buses or the food we eat. I hope to meet that person someday. I'm going to tell them just how awesome they are.

But back to the contest. We decided that we would do like had been done with an earlier contest before I joined the band. We would each pick a winner. That made it a little easier. But not much. The Anthem Lights fans, Lightbulbs, are such awesome people. And crazy talented too. I mean seriously! We have had stuff POURING into our mailbox, email, and all the social media sites. I wish we could give them all this special experience. I just hope they all know how much we love and appreciate them.

I check my phone, and head out the door. Each of us have picked our winner. But the other guys are occupied so Susanna and I are going to do a video to send to the four winners.

Susanna's POV

Joey just got here. We are going to send a video to the winners. He shows me, who each of them selected to win. I look at each name and what they entered. I can barely believe it. I literally start crying right then and there. I give Joey a reassuring smile, "These are blessed tears. Wow... I mean God did this. WOW."

My hand quivered with excitement as I sat staring at the laptop screen. Joey broke my train of thought, when he came and sat beside me putting an arm around me. "I know your excited, but don't get too worked up about it. Your not fully recovered yet."

I smiled, kissing his cheek. "I know, but I'm really looking forward to meeting these girls. We became friends as Lightbulbs and we learned that we actually had all sorts of other stuff in common too, over time."

Joey grins at me and looks me straight in the eyes. "Ready?"

I have to really focus and not melt, when he looked at me like that. I gulp, "Let's go for it." I tap the record button and Joey and I both shout out a crazy excited greeting. I continue. "If you are receiving this message. I have some awesome news for you. You were chosen as a winner of the Anthem Lights contest. YOU," I emphasize by pointing into the web cam, "are going to get the opportunity to spend a week here in Nashville. You get to experience the final stop on our tour, backstage experience, and a bunch of awesome other fun stuff."

Joey jumps in, "You Lightbulbs really rose to the challenge. But each of the Anthem Lights members prayed over our choice. And you were one of the four chosen. We all look forward to seeing you in June!"

I look at Joey, a smirk on my face. "Do it, Joe. For your fans." I bat my eyelashes at him.

He lets out a huffing breath, "Fine." And we end the video by doing the "Stamper" dance move. I hit stop and we both collapse with laughter.