Don't Be That Way

Husk looked over to you with a sour expression.
A smile wouldn't work with this guy huh? Seemed like a straightforward approach may be more rewarding with someone who was as cynical as he. It was hard to concentrate though, hearing quite the amusing conversation coming from the lobby behind you.
" Al I didn't mean to knock it over! It was just there! "
" Just there huh? Since your ' just here ' does that mean I can break you? "
You could hear the amusement in his voice and the light chuckle that followed after.
" I'm sorry Alastor ok?! " Radio static increased in volume, followed by Angel's screams and quickened footsteps.
Creepy.
Seemed the radio demon had a way with words. Perhaps he was a powerful being. You knew nothing about him but he intrigued you, your need to know more becoming stronger then anything you could ever feel. Seeing this look in your eyes, Husk only scoffed and smirked. The first thing resembling a smile you had seen from him yet.
" What? " You were becoming irritated, hating the feeling of being looked at so intently. You couldn't tell weather the tears in your eye were that of intimidation or sadness but it kept you alert all the same, watching Husk carefully as he leaned in closer to you against the bar's wooden countertop.
" You got a soft spot for that a******? "
Soft spot? What did he mean? What was he getting at? You had only just met Alastor and truth be told you found him rather eccentric. Perhaps he died in a time different to yours, where society and it's morals and ways of life were different. You were fascinated yes, nothing more.
You shake your head at the cat demon, giving him a dissaproving look.
" We only just met Husk. Why would I have a soft spot? " You were interested to find out his reasonings, tapping your sharp black fingernails on the counter with a gentle tap. It was obvious nobody ever talked back to Husk or questioned him, the look of pure shock on his face that someone was continuing a conversation with him was quite amusing.
" Well he's a charmin' guy. Full of flare or some s*** " He takes a long dreg from a newly opened bottle of Scotch.
" I see enough of him to know that much " With nothing more said Husk leaves the bar, going over to talk with a short female with one eye and pastel colors hair and clothes. She was cleaning the room.
Had she always been there? You hadn't noticed.
Standing from the bar stool you make your way into the hallway, the thought of what Alastor could have done to Angel making you short of breath. Angel was in essence your only friend in this cursed place and you were determined to keep him around.