Chapter Ten

"King, or... father. I'm sorry for what I'm about to do. This will hurt you, but I can't leave Adrien. I love him. He's been with me through thick and thin. He has been the most understanding. To accept someone who is an Angel is not easy. But he shows no regret.", I pause to breath. "I love him more than I have anyone. And I cannot give up my happiness.", I say head strong to the king.

"What are you going to do?", he smirks, mocking me. He thinks I don't know. He's gullible and naive to think I hold no power.

This is the most powerful I've ever felt before.

I feel a ray of light fall on me from above, as if a signal given by heaven to allow my plan, agree with it.

But my head glows black. A series of events play in my head. They feel familiar but I don't remember them...

Are these... my... m-memories?

Coel, Eric's twin, the king, Rosetta, everyone. I remember. This was the last puzzle piece I needed.

The queen. I remember where she is kept.

I leave the king's question unanswered and leave for the secret doorway in the backyard.

This place is like the back of my hand now... because I finally remember.

Following where my feet and mind lead me, I open the doorway and see a lock ahead. I hold my hand over it and a light glimmers, a light of hope and the lock opens.

I show no reaction and enter, it feels normal to me. I see the queen in front of me. She is kept in a glass coffin surrounded by grass and flowers.

I noticed that there is a note on the coffin. So, I cautiously walk up to it to read it.

***

"Find what feels true. Find what helps you be happy. Find what makes your soul shine and you can revive even the dead."

-mystical woods

***

I don't even need to think about it. "Love", I instantly answer.

The lock remind me of something Adrien had once given to me. I summon a locket from the human world. It's a key. The key necklace Adrien gave me a long time ago when Grandma died. It seemed as though it belonged to her. 

The puzzle is solved. Is this what the king and I were troubled with? 
I guess this is why he wanted to find the mystic woods, probably in search for an answer there since the puzzle was from there.
But, is this why I was sent to earth, to be human...? to find Adrien? to find love?

I take the key locket and open the glass coffin. A light shines, a bright golden light. The light of love. It's not red, but it's golden.

The light brings so much light, I'm enveloped in it.

It expands so much that soon it turns black and my eyes close as I fall into a deep sleep.