Chapter Seventeen

"A-Adrien?" I stuttered. Oh no, please no. Don't tell me he just overheard me. Please tell me he did not get to know my secret. If he did, then, will he abandon me? Will he leave me and tell everyone?

"Trixie, what are you doing?" Adrien asked me.  

"Adrien, when did you get here?" I asked still unsure whether he heard me or not.

"Is he the reason why you keep thinking of staying back?" Coel asked all of a sudden from behind me. I turned around, gestering him to keep quite but he didn't. I decided to ignore him and turned back to Adrien.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked me, and looked behind as if expecting someone to be there.

"Did you hear me talking earlier?" I asked him nervously.

"Don't keep changing the subject and answer me. Who were you talking to?" He asked, getting angry.

"Even you're not answering my questions..." I said and was about to continue when I was startled by a pot almost hitting Adrien, but it instead hit the wall. It must be Coel. I turned to face him and screamed, "Can you stop? This isn't easy for me either!"

Coel raised his eyebrow and said, "He's the reason why you keep thinking of changing your decision!"

"If you keep hurting him, it'll make me want to stay here even more Coel!" I argued and took a deep breath. "Think about it, the reason why I want to stay here. If you keep making things like this happen, then you're making it difficult for yourself and as well as for me."

Coel raised another pot in the air with his powers in anger, not listening to a word I just told. I covered Adrien by coming in front of him so that he wouldn't get hurt but Adrien pushed me behind himself and said, "Look, I don't know who you are but stop troubling Trixie." He kept looking around unsure of where to look as Coel was invisible to him.

I tried pushing Adrien behind me but he didn't let me. "This isn't the first time you've done this. Please stop when I ask you sincerely."

"When else have you seen him?" I asked him, suprised that it's not his first time encountering Coel.

He turned his head a little to me and said, "Remember when you saved me from that pot near the shop? It came out of nowhere and you pushed me to save me from getting hurt."

Oh, right! I had completely forgotten about it. He still remembers it though. I nod to tell him that I remember and I ask him, "When else?"

"The first time we met, you were speaking to someone I couldn't see. He didn't cause you nay trouble, but it was weird that you were talking to an invisible person. And what you did now, it was similar." He replied honestly.

"And you haven't heard me or seen me do that other then that?" I asked even though I shouldn't have but I somehow gathered the courage to. I had to ask him now, or else I wouldn't be able to later.

"I have. When you came up on the terrace once, I was coming up to talk to you and accidentally overhead you talking to someone." He said. "I thought that I was the only one but even Grandma has overheard you. She came to ask me if I knew about it but I didn't tell her anything."

"I," I was about to continue when I saw Coel coming closer to Adrien but before I could grab his attention Coel had already thrown the pot across, and it hit the wall again. I think Coel was doing it on purpose, to grab our attention but not meaning to hurt anyone. My thoughts were interrupted when Adrien asked me, "Who do you talk to?"

I didn't know what to tell him. Will he believe me if I tell him what I told Grandma the last time? Probably not. Should I tell him the truth? Or should I just run away? I wanted to disappear and not answer his questions. I was scared, if he gets to know maybe he'll never talk to me.