Chapter 49

Grace's POV

Four Hours ago

"What happened, kitten?" Alexander asked as I slipped in bed with a one of his large t-shirts on, a pair of panties and some blue and warm stockings. I shook my head even though I felt pain in my mouth, just at the background. I had never experienced that before. I crawled nearer to him while he gave me a questioning look. Wrapping my arms lightly around his neck, I pouted and whined lowly in my throat while burrying my face into his arm, pressing my cheek hardly against him.

I pressed my face harder into his arm, wiggling about in his lap and tried to settle in comfortably. But that pain in my mouth wasn't letting me in peace. What was happening to me? Alexander's arms coiled around my waist while his fingers came up to my head and stroked my hair a bit, patting near the side of my face. I curled into a ball against his chest and whimpered inaudibly so that he couldn't hear me. But he did. And that was why he placed his lips on my forehead and kissed me gingerly. "Tell me, baby, are you feeling sick?" Alexander tried to ask again.

I moved my head up, looking tiredly into his viridescent eyes and glided my lips onto his plump ones. I pecked him with a crestfallen expression which reflected in my kiss and pulled away slowly after. He pulled my body closer and hugged me against his chest tightly while I pressed my cheek against the crook of his neck. He pecked me again on my head and mumbled sweet nothings into my ear. "Are you in pain, sweetheart? Hmm? You have to tell me, Grace. I have to know in order to help you. So, tell me what happened." Alexander convinced in a stern voice laced with gentleness.

I whined loudly, squeezing my eyes close and tried to climb on his chest. I wiggled amd fidgetted in his lap, wanting the pain to fade away but it was still pulsing at the back of my mouth. It was horrible and it had happened just when I had bitten on my fifth lollipop while I was sitting on Alexander's lap near his desk. I pouted harder against Alexander's neck, trying to control the tears that were brimming at the edges of my eyes. "N-Nothing....." I whimpered against his neck and kissed his skin. But he still didn't seemed convinced.

"Hmm, is that so?" he asked sternly while I felt him staring down at me. I held him tighter and whined a positive answer. He sighed and said, "So, you don't want to tell me? At least just tell me if it is serious. Is it?" I shook my head silently against his neck and bit my lip in order not to whimper again. He sighed again and began to rub at my back again.

"W-Wanna.......sleep...." I declared after a while of us staying silent in each other's embrace. Alexander hummed positively and said that he wanted to sleep too as it was quite late. I moved a bit, allowing him to lay down while I held my arms to my chest, stealthily moving my fingers to my cheek to hide the little swell. I bit the inside of my cheek and stayed silent. Alexander extended his arm towards me, gesturing. I came closer, instantly pushing my cheek against his chest, hoping that the pain will cease but in vain. I whimpered and buried my face into his chest instead.

Back To Present

I squirmed in my place, silently whimpering while I tried to endure the pain in my tooth that was in the back of my mouth. What was happening to me? Why was my tooth paining so much? I moved away from Alexander's unconscious body and sat up correctly. I slipped out of my stockings with rageful hands that ripped them and threw them away while I looked around with my painful yet angry eyes. My hands trembled to take the glass from the nightstand and filled it with water that I drank while a streak of moisture ran down my cheek. I stifled a sob and placed back the glass.

I scrambled back in my place, removing the blanket from my body in a flash and hugged my legs to my stomach. I didn't know what to do about this enraging pain. I just wanted it to fade away like some of the pain I had experienced before. I whimpered louder and held my cheek in my palm, trying to massage it but the pain wasn't wearing off. I looked over at Alexander to see that he was sound asleep. Should I wake him up or wait for the pain to go away and let me sleep? Honestly, I felt fuzzy and my mind was blurry from the pain along with my eyes.