Chapter 28

Alex’s POV:

As I look over and see Aria cradled in Xavier's arms I can't help but think we are so dead once she is healed. The bruises are already starting to heal I just hope it's nothing more serious. I mean how could we have been so stupid and blocked her out as well I mean now I feel like a total ass.

'Don't worry brother I feel the same way' Xavier says looking at Aria with love and pain in his eyes. I nod and look at her one more time knowing she is asleep.

After about a 30 minute drive we pull up to the house one by one. No one says anything as everyone grabs hands with their mates and walk into the living room sitting down quietly.

“Do you mind if Cole and Nick hold her for a minute they still haven’t calmed down” Sam asks us. I look up and Cole is still shaking and Nick just looks pissed. Reluctantly after we kiss her we hand her to Cole who instantly cradles her to him and calms immediately.

“I’m so sorry Little One I should have stayed closer” Cole whispers to her.

“If you don’t stop beating yourself up I’ll kick your ass myself” Aria whispers back making Nick and Cole both chuckle and hug her tighter. After they are both completely calm Aria gets up and walks carefully over to us and crawls on lap and resting her back against Xavier which puts us in an odd position.

“Now you two have some explaining to do” she looks at us expectantly crossing her arms and glaring. I chuckle at her.

“You shouldn’t make that face it doesn’t look intimidating just cute” I tell her still laughing.

“Fine I know whose sleeping on the couch then” she says going to get up but we both quickly grab her and hold her in place.

“We were just kidding Love. We will tell you but it might be a long story” Xavier tells her.

“Well I’m not going anywhere though I might could use some popcorn” she says and we all laugh as Max walks in with a whole box of popped popcorn. I didn’t even see him leave.

“Did someone say popcorn” he laughs handing her a bowl.

“Thank you Max” she says smiling at him and he winks at her earning a growl from Xavier, me, and Olivia. He laughs and she giggles at our reactions. “Fine here” she says tossing him something and he quickly puts it in his pocket and smiles at her.

“What was that” I ask looking at her annoyed with the whole situation.

“We made a bet and he won” she shrugged. “ And don’t get all annoyed you two had females crawling all over you before I was taken outside and you even had the nerve to cut me off so shove it” she says getting up before we could stop her and going to sit in between Cole and Jade. “Explain” she says getting serious.

“Where should we start” I mumble looking at Xavier.

“How ‘bout you two being prince’” she says accusingly. “Where you ever going to tell me” she asks looking hurt then looking down at her hands.

“Of course we were we just wanted to wait a little because we didn’t want to stress you out” I explain quickly.

‘I told you I wasn’t good enough’ she says and it was meant for only Cole and Jade but we caught it.

“Don’t ever think that again” Xavier snaps at her making her jump. He’s never used that voice on her since we met her.As fast as she could she put up her walls and shrunk into Cole and Jade. “Aria I’m sorry I didn’t”

“It’s fine whatever, are you going to explain cause if not I’m going to bed” she says cutting him off and we are back to square one with her defenses up. I sigh and start seeing Xavier is now torn from his stupid mistake.