Clues and Pain

kind of warning ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-x- Third Person POV -x-

"It's been a whole day, and we haven't found anything," Uraraka whimpered.

"Uraraka!" Iida clenched his fist, "Now is not the time to become discouraged! We followed the trail to our best ability."

Todoroki nodded. "Don't worry too much about it."

Uraraka smiled. "Yeah, you guys are right. Thanks a whole lot."
"No problem!" Iida grinned triumphantly, while Todoroki gave a friendly nod.

As they spoke, Bakugo suddenly stopped, causing Uraraka to bump into him.

"Ow! Oh, sorry," she apologized.

"Sh," Bakugo said quickly, narrowing his eyes. His gaze followed a man as he walked out from an alley, head hung low. However, he was able to spot purple markings on the lower half of his face - possibly indicating scarring. "It's him," Bakugo said after a few moments.

Iida raised a brow. "Who, exactly?"

Bakugo walked forwards, confusing the group. He picked up the speed, flicking his eyes towards the man as they walked beside Bakugo. After ensuring who the man was, Bakugo raised his head. "Dabi."

---

Izuku's head snapped up as he heard the screech of the door's metal hinges, his brows furrowing. It's only been a few hours... Why are they here...?

A man with shaggy, blue hair walked in, a wicked aura surrounding him. "Hey there, brat," he rasped, a clear grin in his voice.

Izuku's eyes widened. "Tomura... Shigaraki...?" he asked, throat dry. He winced, the pain from the burn still not fully gone.

"The one and only," the man laughed, shutting the door behind him. "Now, I'm told that you made an escape attempt..." He stepped closer, and Izuku gulped as he saw a glint of metal in Shigaraki's hand. "And while I'm doing my best not to snap your neck," he said casually, "I'm not going to just allow you to attack my men."

Izuku pressed his back against the chair as Shigaraki neared him. "N-no," he stammered. "P-please."

"Maybe," Shigaraki grinned wickedly, red eye wild, "You should've thought about what you did before doing it."

Crouching down, Shigaraki suddenly wrapped his fingers around Izuku's throat, careful to avoid placing his pinky down. "Now," he shook his final finger, "Try anything, and I won't hesitate to disintegrate you."

"Y-you wouldn't...," Izuku stuttered, challenging him. "Y-you n-need me..." He felt like a wounded puppy, begging his owner for a scrap of food.

Shigaraki glanced up, grinning like a madman. "Do I, now?"

A wave of pure fear washed over Izuku, causing him to fall silent.

"That's what I thought," Shigaraki laughed. "Now," he raised his head, spinning the blade between his fingers, "What should we do first?"

Izuku watched in fear as Shigaraki leaned towards him, the putrid hand that curled around his face nearing him. His breath hitched. Is that... Real...?

After a moment, Shigaraki grinned. "How about...," he mumbled before raising his voice, "Here!" Shigaraki stood further upwards, slashing Izuku's cheek. Izuku was stunned as a stinging sensation erupted in his cheek, a hiss escaping his lips as a liquid - blood - dripped down his face.

Shigaraki narrowed his eyes. "I was hoping for more of a reaction." He swiftly slashed the knife across his arm, fingers still around Izuku's throat. As he was unable to elicit a further response than a wince, Shigaraki sighed. "You're no fun...," he grumbled, acting like a pouting child.