Protection and Hope

-x- Third Person POV -x-

"Where'd he go?! That Bas-"

Iida interrupted Bakugo, pointing towards a man, hurriedly walking through the alley. "There!"

Dabi, having heard his voice, picked up the speed, but Bakugo simply narrowed his eyes before blasting towards the man. He shoved him to the ground, violently flipping him over before growling.

"Where's Deku?!" he barked.

Dabi smirked. "Bakugo, huh? Jeez, you're like a rabid dog."

"Answer!" he spat.

"Who- Ohhh," Dabi laughed, "You meant the green-haired kid." He grinned wickedly, and his eyes sparked with mischief. "Shigaraki probably dealt with him already."

The group, having caught up to an enraged Bakugo, fell in line behind him, breathing heavily.

Bakugo scowled, picking Dabi up by the collar. "I know you're lying, you son of a-"

Dabi didn't flinch, instead keeping his smirk. "Are you sure about that?"

Bakugo was startled by the man's coolness. In Bakugo's split moment of hesitation, Dabi raised his hand, forcing out an explosion of blue fire.

The blonde stumbled backwards before jumping back along with the group, watching as the blaze burned brightly. The air smelled like smoke, their skin growing dry from the dancing fire. Dabi grinned as the flames licked at his boots before spinning around, coattails flying in the wind.

Each student was too stunned to move. And, by the time the fire had disappeared, so had Dabi.

Bakugo blinked before furrowing his brows and rushing around the corner, skidding to a stop and kicking up dust. However, after looking, he was still unable to see any signs of the villain.

After a moment, he felt a pain shooting through his arm, a hiss escaping his lips. Glancing down, he noticed a burn travelling up from his hand and onto his arm. Although the injuries were minor - due to his quick escape - his hand still shook, feeling almost cold.

Bakugo cursed to himself and grabbed his arm, while Uraraka whimpered. "Do... Do you think he's telling the truth?"

"He... Can't be... Right?" Iida asked, hands trembling. "He's okay. He's always okay."

Even Todoroki looked shaken, even if he didn't voice his worry.

Bakugo heaved before standing up straight, bringing a further sense of worry to the group. "He's fine. He's a dumb Deku. And if he is dead, I'll kill him."

---

Izuku's body felt numb. He didn't have the mind to wonder if the pain had settled, or if he'd just become accustomed to it.

His head hung low, stomach growling and throat dry. His mind spun, wondering if they'd ever come back. From what he presumed, nobody had visited him in almost 3 days. It wasn't like he didn't try to escape but, after numerous attempts, he discovered that he was unable to use his quirk. In fact, he didn't feel the power running through his system at all.

Izuku felt his swollen tongue in his mouth, tears blocked from his dehydration. He whimpered, never thinking that he'd miss a group of villains so much.

However, more than anything, he felt fearful. He had lost most of his humanity, having lost hope of being rescued. I'm worthless, he told himself. They hate me. Everyone hates me. They avoided me. They hate me.

---

Bakugo banged his fist on the table they had taken a seat at. He gritted his teeth, grinding them together. It had been 4 days. 4 days since they had started looking. But nothing. Nothing at all came up.