Chapter 8 - Hospital

Before Muskaan could say yes everything went blur. She slowly opened her eyes to discover a whole new place.
"Where am I ?" She mumbled while rubbing her head in pain. She struggled to comprehend the situation. A minute ago she was in the park with Ishaan and now? Muskaan didn't understand what was going on.
"Ah Ms. Singh! Glad you have finally woken up. I'm afraid to say that you hit your head pretty badly. Though you made it through with no scratches, well almost. You broke your right leg." The doctor explained. Muskaan was completely lost now. Ms. Singh?! Hit her head badly?! Broken leg?! What the hell was going on? Wasn't she just being proposed to by Ishaan? She couldn't possibly understand what was going on, she also didn't want to understand. Was it possible? Was there a slight chance everything she had done with Ishaan was a dream? Weren't they together? He never proposed. Muskaan's head was about to explode. She wanted this to be a very bad nightmare. She needed answers.
"..doctor.. could you tell me what happened?" Muskaan asked with a shaky voice.
"Certainly, you hit your head pretty badly yesterday, we made several check ups to make sure everything fine, which is except your leg."

"Why don't I remember anything?"
Muskaan asked confused.

"Well you've hit your head badly, it caused you to fall into a sleep trance as one would say, which is why you might not be remembering anything." He replied. Muskaan was devastated. Everything she experienced couldn't possibly be a dream. It felt too real too be a dream.

"Thank you.." she whispered.

"I have to visit my next patient now, I'll come back later to mine some final checks." He excused himself and went away. Muskaan broke out in tears. She cried hysterically. This was all a big joke, a lie, one nightmare. Ishaan never proposed, her secret never got exposed. Muskaan just wanted to be dissolved into the world. Life had played a bad joke on her. She had to interrupt the conflict with herself when she heard the door being knocked. Muskaan quickly wiped aways her tears.
She secretly hoped it was Ishaan.
"Come in.."

Vaani came in and greeted Muskaan with a big hug.
"I'm so glad to see you almost alright! I was afraid I had to get another tutor! I couldn't risk that, you're the best tutor I've ever had!" Vaani said while sitting down in the chair next to her bed. She said that to enlighten the mood, but failed. Muskaan's heart broke into a uncountable amount of pieces. It pained her how life was treating her. Muskaan never got to be Ishaan's girlfriend and Vaani still doesn't know Muskaan is her aunt. Why is the only question Muskaan could ask herself. She wanted to be dead. Frankly death seemed better than life right now.
"Don't worry, you won't get rid of me so easily." Muskaan said quietly.
Vaani gave her tutor a questioning look. She was sure her tutor was just in pain, but something seemed off. Vaani wasn't going to question anything because she was sure Muskaan was exhausted.
A little later the door was being knocked again. Muskaan called them in.
The sight ached her heart very much. She wanted to be as far away from here as possible. Ishaan and Kiara walking in hand in hand. Muskaan tried to hold back her tears.

"Muskaan are you alright?" Ishaan asked.

"Does it look like I'm alright?" Muskaan hissed. She didn't intend to snap back like that, but she couldn't help it. It was like someone had ripped out her heart, cut it into million pieces and set each piece on fire.

"Well now that you saw her, see she's alright, can we go now my love muffin? Else we're going to be late for the fashion show!" Kiara said to Ishaan.

"Oh right. I came to see you and make sure you're alright.. I hope you don't mind me going, I'm sure Vaani will keep you company!" Ishaan explained.

"No go ahead thanks for coming I guess.." Muskaan said sadly.
Ishaan felt bad for leaving her. He wanted to stay beside her, protect her and be there for her. When he received the news he almost got a heart attack. He felt guilty he couldn't do anything. He hadn't left the hospital until she woke up. But unfortunately Kiara was bugging him the entire time and no matter what he wanted to do Kiara was his fianceé so he couldn't possibly cause a scene. He was sure Muskaan didn't need Kiara attacking her on top of her accident. Ishaan let out a sigh and left the hospital with Kiara. He accompanied her to a stupid fashion show.

"Weird.." Vaani stated.

"What?"

"Well Dad hadn't left the hospital until he made sure you're alright and now he just left.."
Muskaan looked at her questioning. She didn't know what to say. She didn't want to say anything. Everything reminded her of her painful life.

"Sweetheart if you don't mind I would like to get some more rest, you know the accident and everything.."

"Of course not, I'll be outside in case you need me." Vaani said and hugged Muskaan goodbye. She quickly left afterwards. Muskaan just broke out in tears again. She just hoped this was another dream which she would soon wake up from. She was thinking about everything that had happened. She tried to understand what had happened. Hasn't she been released from the hospital before? Was it a part of her dream too? She needed answers. But Muskaan was too tired to look for them.