Chapter 1 - Holidays

The bright sunshine awakened Muskaan as the lights shone through the curtains. Today was no ordinary day. Vaani's summer holidays would begin. Which meant that Muskaan, Vaani and Ishaan would spend a lot of time together. Well mostly Ishaan and Muskaan would be around the house, since Vaani would spend most of her time with her friends and Ishaan's fianceé was on vacation. The thought of Kiara and Ishaan being married at the end of the holidays worried Muskaan. She knew it would be hard for her to resist him all the time. It was going to be hell for Muskaan. As she got ready to face the day a few more thoughts crossed her mind. She didn't understand what was upsetting her that much, since Ishaan didn't love her. He obviously loved Kiara, else they wouldn't be engaged. Muskaan couldn't possibly hate him for that. She should be happy for him. After all her thoughts and feelings were very wrong, because Ishaan was her brother in law, but he didn't know that. Full of thoughts she walked downstairs and joined the family for breakfast. Muskaan sat down at her usual place next to Vaani.

"Good morning everyone." Muskaan mumbled.
"Good morning Muskaan!" Vaani said as joyful as ever.
"Good morning." Ishaan said quietly while continuing to read his newspaper. Muskaan grabbed a piece of toast and put some jam on it. She quietly ate her breakfast while Vaani was rambling on to her father. She sat there daydreaming when Vaani shook her out of her thoughts.
"See you tomorrow!" Vaani said while hugging her father goodbye.
"Bye Muskaan!" She said while leaving.
"Bye my darling!" Muskaan bid goodbye with a slight smile before she left.
Muskaan was seated there alone with Ishaan now. She wasn't in the mood to talk to him so she just enjoyed her tea. She tried to finish her breakfast as soon as possible. But to her bad luck Ishaan started a conversation with her.
"Have you finished your breakfast?" He asked while collecting a few dishes.
Muskaan nod and helped him with the dishes.
"So what are the plans for today?" Ishaan leaned against the wall and raised an eyebrow. Muskaan couldn't possibly spend some time alone with him. She had to come up with an excuse.
"I have a lot of work to do today, maybe we can do something later tonight or so?" She lied. Who knows what would happen if they spend some time alone together.
"Oh alright, well I remembered I have a meeting anyway.." Ishaan said disappointed and left the kitchen.
Muskaan just couldn't understand this man. Why is he keep sending her mixed signals? Muskaan sighed deeply. One day he's trying to get closer to her and the other day he acts like she doesn't even exist. Muskaan can't keep up with this much longer. He hurts her badly and he doesn't even seem to care. She had to go out! Muskaan grabbed her bag and left the house. She walked to the park and had a nice stroll through the park. She had calmed down and sorted her thoughts.

Muskaan went to a little flower shop and bought some red roses. She had decided she would visit her sisters grave today. She went to the graveyard and went straight to her sisters grave. Muskaan put down the roses and kneeled down next to the grave.
"Oh Sonam, I miss you so much.."
"I have so much to tell you.."
Muskaan hesitated for a moment before  continuing.
"How did you ever cope with Ishaan, he's a pain in the butt." Muskaan said while laughing a bit.
"Oh and Vaani is growing to be more like you by every day passing." She smiled. Muskaan missed her sister deeply. Twelve years ago her sister was on her way to one of her tours, but unfortunately the bus she was in got off the course and fell into the canyon.
Muskaan was around twelve years around that time and Vaani was only five. After that accident Ishaan had moved away Vaani and nobody knew where they had went. But eventually they moved back here, which made it possible for Muskaan to finally meet her niece. But that under false identity only. Muskaan knew it was wrong to lie, but she couldn't risk, Ishaan taking Vaani away again. Besides she tried to tell the truth from day one, but never go the chance to confess. She stood up and made her way home.