Chapter 13 - Change

After a week Muskaan had settled in nicely. She adored Paris. Paris looked exactly as beautiful and dreamy as it does on the pictures. Though she hadn't seen everything yet, she still loved it. Of course she missed her niece Vaani and even if it was hard to admit Ishaan. But she didn't plan on going back, not anytime soon at least. Muskaan got ready for the day. Today was her first day as a teacher in the new school. She was excited and nervous. She hoped the kids would like her and that her coworkers are nice. Muskaan and Sonam always shared a great passion for music. Even as little children they kept dancing, singing together. Sonam even taught Muskaan how to play the piano. She smiled at the memories. She grabbed her jacket and her bag. She took a deep breath before leaving her apartment.

Muskaan was looking for the train station. Fortunately for her she knew some french so it wasn't hard to find it. She made her way to work. There she was, in front of one of the most known music schools. Muskaan was happy with her decision. Excited she opened the doors of the school and went inside. She looked for the teachers lounge. She struggled at first, considering the school was big. But then she decided to ask some students.

"Pardon, où est-ce que la salle de prof?"

"À gauche de la bibliothèque."

"Merci beaucoup!"

Luckily Muskaan asked the students where the teachers lounge is, else she would've never found it. She quickly walked to the room. It was to the left of the library. She knocked on the door and went inside. Muskaan introduced herself and greeted everyone. The last person to greet was a tall and handsome man. She assumed he was in his early 30's. His blue ocean eyes caught her off guard. A weird tickling sensation embraced her when they shook hands.

"My name is Alexandre, but please call me Alex, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine." Muskaan said shyly. Indeed it was a very nice pleasure to make his acquaintance.
She felt it coming, they would get along just great. Muskaan looked at her timetable and prepared everything for her first lesson. She saw Alexandre leaving so she quickly joined him.

"Hope you don't mind me coming along, I'm not so familiar with this place." She giggled.

"Oh don't worry, I couldn't have a greater person to keep me company!" He admitted. Muskaan smiled at him. He helped her find her class and said goodbye, so he could head off to his own class. She went inside the class and started with the lesson.

Ishaan felt very empty without having Muskaan around. She had become the ray of sunshine the house needed. She filled the place with love and laughter and he ruined it. He missed her a lot and hoped she would come back soon. He would've gone after her, but he had no idea where she was. She didn't even tell Vaani. Ishaan knew he had hurt her a lot and all he wanted was for her to forgive him.
"Papa, I'm going to Lucy's, will you be alright alone?" She felt bad leaving her father alone. But she didn't want to end up in this dark hole like him. Even though she deeply and truly missed her aunt she would still see her on screen. Muskaan had promised her to facetime her everyday. And she looked forward to that everyday. Vaani hugged her father goodbye and left. Ishaan needed some fresh air. He went to the park and had a little stroll.

He crossed the little caramel apple selling stand and sighed. He remembered the time when she got all eager and excited to eat one. He couldn't help but smile. Muskaan was nothing like Sonam. She had something childish within her. He loved her differently. In fact, he didn't recall Sonam leaving such feelings inside him. Muskaan had a different impact on him. He loved Muskaan more than anything and nothing would change that. He had to find a way to bring her back.