Chapter 11 - France

A week later Muskaan was feeling nothing but miserable. She had lost her appetite, would cry a lot and the fact that Ishaan constantly ignored her killed her. And her foot was killing her as well. She kept forgetting she wasn't allowed to pressure it. But her leg didn't bother her much. For her heartbreak was the bigger pain.

Muskaan heavily hearted opened her laptop. She had to put and end to her misery. An email she never imagined to reply to. But there was a first time for everything she assumed. She started to reply to the email.
Thank you very much for the offer...
She typed and typed.
Muskaan had gotten a job offer in France three days ago. Yes in France. She had received a job as a teacher in one of the most known schools in France. She would teach music in the new school. Not only that, but they also offered her a contract where Muskaan would compose her own songs. It was a huge opportunity for Muskaan. At first she couldn't accept the offer, because she didn't want to leave her niece and Ishaan, but now she wasn't sure anymore. Although she just had gotten back her niece she didn't want to live in such misery because of Ishaan. She needed to do this for her own mental health.
Muskaan finished typing the email and sent it. She closed her laptop and walked over to her closet.
She pulled out her suitcase and began packing up every bit of her things. She was going to leave tonight. After two hours Muskaan was done with packing. She glanced over to the clock and saw it was already 7pm. Since she couldn't bother with eating dinner she went over to her desk and took two sheets of papers and a pen.

Muskaan started writing a goodbye letter to Vaani and as well as Ishaan. Each would get their individual letter. Muskaan would go away secretly when everyone's asleep. She wouldn't be able to go if Vaani knew. Eventually the clock stroke 12am. Everyone was asleep except Muskaan. As quietly as possible she went to their room and put the letters on their nightstand. She left their room and went to grab her suitcase and bag. Once she had grabbed everything she exited the house. She took a last look at the house and entered the taxi. It was the hardest decision of Muskaan's life, but sometimes things had to be done in order to grow and heal. Muskaan made her way to the airport. There she bought a last minute ticket to France. Didn't take long before her flight took off. Muskaan couldn't believe she was on her way to France.

Meanwhile back at the house everyone was peacefully asleep. Well maybe not everyone, Ishaan had woken up. He went downstairs without noticing the letter and made himself some tea. As he was waiting for his water to boil he thought about the incidents in the past week. Maybe he was a little too harsh on Muskaan. After all she was right. You can't choose who you fall in love with. He shouldn't have blamed her for his feelings. If only the feeling of guilt and betrayal wouldn't eat him up none of this would've happened. A part of Ishaan would always still be with Sonam especially because they have a beautiful daughter together. But it was time to accept the past and face the future. Ishaan should move on and live his life. He didn't want to stay a widower for the rest of his life. Tomorrow he would go and fix everything. Hopefully Muskaan would forgive him. With his tea he went to bed.