Chapter Two | Awkward?

I hope you like this chapter :)

Finn's POV-

First day was ok I guess. Well I got detention, but whatever it's not like it was my fault. I was having a great day until 7th period. I have English at that time and my friends Caleb and Noah are in that class with me. The teacher was going over rules of the classroom like every other teacher does on the first day so we couldn't talk. So Noah and Caleb talked to me in note form and they passed me a note about some party at this girl Iris' house tonight. I know Iris is friends with Millie, not that I care but maybe I would see Millie there, I mean if I went, I don't know if I would I'm not really a party type guy. Anyway when they passed me the note I asked Noah if he was going because I didn't have a pen to write what I wanted to say back to him. I really did not think the teacher would mind me asking Noah a quick question, but of course she did with my luck. She told me "Mr.Wolfhard'' with a stern voice, "Is there something you would like to share with the class?" I just said "no, that's why I whispered '' Everyone laughed because they knew it was the wrong thing to say but I guess it was because that ticked her off and now she gave me that yellow slip that said detention on it, So now I have an hour detention after school. Just great.

Soon enough the day ended, I walked into detention I was surprised to find Millie there too. I guess I was happy she was there because I wasn't alone. No other reason. It was only me and her because what kind of normal kid would get detention on the first day of school. 

There was a-I guess was the teacher in the room, but he didn't seem to care what we did he was just there because the school didn't think anyone would get detention on the first day so they didn't have an actual teacher there, Instead they just got the janitor to stay over time and keep an eye on us I guess which was stupid because we-I mean I did nothing wrong, I actually have no idea why Millie was here.

Millie's POV-

"Hey Finn! I guess I'm not going to be alone for the next hour" I said laughing after he walked in. He seemed kind of nervous because he didn't really answer me. He just said "hi-oh yeah" with his shaky voice he always has when he's nervous which is-well, most of the time.

"So what brings you to detention?" I said trying to ease the awkwardness in the room. Not really sure why it was awkward because me and Finn are friends. Then he answered, "Oh-I-uh just told the teacher something she got-uh pissed off because I kind of gave her attitude, probably because it's the first day she was-um agitated I-I guess." he stuttered.

"Oh Finn Wolfhard giving attitude, never seen that before" I joked with him. We both laughed. He was laughing more of a nervous laugh. Mine was an actual oh that was funny type of laugh.

Finn's POV

"I'm not always quiet you know, I'm actually pretty tough" I said sarcastically trying not to stutter, knowing I am not at all tough. I laughed nervously. I don't even know why I am having this much anxiety right now, it's not like I never got detention before. It's just this presence it's making me feel butterflies in my stomach and I don't think I want to know why. I looked at Millie, It can't be Millie. We are friends I mean I can't I-I won't. Plus she's dating Joseph. Joseph's alright I guess. Omg What am I saying I don't like Millie, or... NO.

Millie's POV

"Finn?! Finn?!" I'm talking to you!" I said trying to get his attention, he's in deep thought I have no idea about what. He snapped out of it, "Oh-uh yeah-wha-what happened?" he finally said something, "dude, what's going on your acting so weird" I asked because he is being so oblivious. "Oh I was just," Finn made up something off the top of his head, "so did you hear about Iris' party I guess-uh we both can't go because well-yeah were here" Finn said trying to not look at me for some reason. "Yeah I guess not" I replied trying to figure out what the hell is up with Finn.

"Oh it's almost 4:00 I guess it wasn't that long in here" I said still trying to clear the tension in the air. "Oh yeah" Finn said with a nervous chuckle. I don't know why he laughed. It wasn't even that funny, oh well I guess that's just Finn. Then we were free to leave because in that awkward moments of silence a couple minutes passed and we didn't have to stay any longer. So the Janitor left, Leaving me and Finn left to walk out, we gathered our stuff.

Finn's POV

The door opened, Oh hell no- I mean uh whatever, Joseph just walked in, n-not that I care OMG whats happening to me. "Hey Babe" Joseph said to Millie then him eyeing back at me like I did something wrong. "Hey what are you doing here?" Millie asked Joseph while getting up and greeting him with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I tried to pretend they weren't there while I zipped my bookbag. "I heard you got detention so I wanted to pick you up and give you a ride home" Joseph said trying to sound like a gentleman. I wasn't surprised, that's what all players do. I'm not a player. I would be a great boyfriend to Millie-OMG, I mean some other great girl, not that Millie's not a great girl, ok I have to stop-I CAN'T LIKE MILLIE I-I WON'T.

"Hey Finn do you want a ride too?" Millie asked me, trying to be a good friend, but before I could say anything Joseph interrupted, "I'm sure good old Finn over here doesn't need a ride" like he didn't want me to go, I don't blame him, I don't want to go and be a third wheel anyway.

                                                                                        ***

Let me know how you liked it in the comments and any feedback you may have :)