Chapter 4: Nighttime Thoughts

Rock stumbled back into his room, his was on the first floor while Revy's was on the second. Recently, Dutch figured it would be a lot easier to get her up in the morning if the two lived in the same building, it also helped that the building was in walking distance from the Lagoon Company headquarters. He got himself into a pair of sleep pants and a tank top, but before going to bed he decided to do some exercising, per Filo's advice. He did some standard stretches and had to admit he was already feeling less sore. He followed that up with some sit ups, doing better than he expected considering he rarely did any actual exercise. Then again, his job of the past few years was rather physically demanding. As he got himself ready for bed, thoughts began to go through his head, mostly involving Revy.
"Was she flirting with me earlier, or just messing with me? I mean, she sure seemed sincere about it. But...oh come on, Rock! Don't be a dumbass! Like Revy "Two Hands" Lee would be interested in you! Nothing new for her to be messing with me, that's for sure. But...her eyes...they seemed different when she said all that stuff to me. I've seen her drunk enough times to notices the differences in messing with and being sincere."
"But, I still doubt it. Not that I'd complain if she was interested in me. After all, I started doing all this because of her. She's saved me on so many occasions, I should be able to return the favor. Plus, I wouldn't want anything like what happened in Japan to ever happen to her again. In hindsight, I wish I had taken Miss Balalaika's offer to take that gun from her. Then, maybe, Revy wouldn't have gotten that leg wound. Then again, she probably would've been super pissed that I interrupted her fight with Ginji!"
"Revy's easily the most beautiful woman I've ever met. I mean, in terms of looks, there's probably better looking. But...she's so intoxicating! Her well-toned body, those long legs, those curves! My god! I've seen her in nothing but a towel and panties! I'm sure it was just because she doesn't give a shit if anyone stares, they try any shit and she'll make them swiss cheese! Any woman would love to have those curves! Her eyes, they so much without saying a damn thing. Hell, even her voice gets me going, even if it's often laced with profanity, hehehe. I can only imagine what it would be like to hold her in my arms...kiss her...other things that she'd no doubt shoot me for just for thinking them!"
As Rock's thoughts got a bit steamier, he began to slowly reach down to his sleep pants.

     Meanwhile, in Revy's room. The spitfire gunslinger was stirring in her sleep; not exactly uncommon after hours of binge drinking. But, tonight was different. Her thoughts were focused on a particular former salaryman.
"What's going on with you, Rocky Baby? What made you decide to start all this fighting and beating the shit out of other guys? For fun? Some fucked up pleasure? I know you said it was to be more helpful in a cluster fuck situation, but...why now, all of a sudden? I mean, sure you like being around all of us, but you've avoided confrontation as much as possible since we abducted you years back."
"Am I the reason you're doing all this? Because of the shit that went down in Japan? And that shit with the psycho maid? I mean, shit, I've had plenty of fucked up injuries, why should things change now? Could he care about me? As something more than a friend? HA! Give me a fuckin' break! No way in hell Rock, or any guy, would be wanting me as anything in the romantic sense! No guy ever wanted me as anything other than muscle, a hot piece of ass, or both! And there's no way Rock would want a woman like me."
"I'm...damaged...broken...a worthless little whore...SHUT THE FUCK UP! That's not you! That's your fuckin' old man talkin' again! Piece of shit!"
"Rock doesn't see me that way! He may not care about me like I want him to, but, he doesn't see me the way everyone else in this shithole town sees me. He seems to think...I can have some form of happiness. If only the clueless dumbass could get the fuckin' hint! God knows I haven't been subtle! Been topless around him plenty of times, you'd think he'd have made some kind of move. Probably just scared I'd shoot his sack off! HAHAHA! Or maybe...he's just not that kind of guy...AH BULLSHIT!"
"Still...he's not a terrible looking guy...Eda points it out constantly, and I know she's not just saying all that shit to piss me off. Fuckin' skank bitch! Those guys calling him Scrawny seemed off though. I'd hardly call him scrawny! Sure, he's not as built or Dutch or Benny, but he certainly has developed a nice build doing jobs with us. Shit, if he keeps up this fight club stuff, he might even get cut like a fuckin' diamond! Bet he's a great kisser too! I doubt he's a virgin. Never seen his goods, at least, not outside his pants. Fuckin' idiot probably doesn't even notice me checkin' him out!"

     Revy's thoughts also began to get steamier, leading her to reach down her panties. Unbeknownst to her, Rock was doing the very same downstairs. And unbeknownst to both, they quietly called out each other's names as they reached a climax simultaneously.
"Revy!"
"Rock!"