Chapter 28: Roanapur Reception

The Rokuro-Lee wedding party made their way back to port after the more than eventful ceremony. The newlyweds, Rock and Revy, were overjoyed and bursting with energy. Rock's parents were feeling a bit stressed, not used to this kind of excitement in their lives.
"How are you enjoying your trip?" Rock asked his parents, chuckling a bit.
"It has been... interesting," Michiko answered, letting out a sigh.
"I'm not so certain we can handle staying the rest of the trip," Akira groaned. "I don't think my heart can take it..."
"I mean, if you guys want to go back early, I'm fine with that," Rock told them.
"Why don't you join us, Rokuro?" Michiko asked.
"I already told you..." Rock began to say.
"We know," Michiko interrupted. "What I mean is, why don't you and Revy-chan join us in Japan for your honeymoon?"
"We can pay for the tickets," Akira added.
"Really!?" Rock and Revy said in unison.
"It would be an appropriate wedding gift," Akira continued. "And Toshiro would certainly be happy to see that his younger brother is alive and well. Plus, he would get to meet his new sister-in-law."
"I would call that a win-win," Michiko said, smiling.
"Where would we stay?" Revy asked.
"In our home, of course," Michiko smiled. "There is enough room." Revy blushed brightly when thinking about what she wanted to do with Rock to celebrate their new lives as husband and wife.
"There are also... hotels you can go to for any... other activities." Michiko giggled as now Rock and Akira joined in on the blushing.

Revy and Rock informed Dutch and Benny of their honeymoon plans.
"Sounds alright to me," Dutch shrugged nonchalantly.
"It's really ok, Dutch?" asked Rock.
"Pretty normal for newlyweds to go on vacation," Dutch answered. "Plus, this gives me a chance to give you two a wedding gift."
"Which is?" Revy asked.
"I think a bonus of five grand each should work," Dutch grinned.
"Wow!" Rock exclaimed.
"Fuckin' A, Dutchy!" Revy also exclaimed.
"I can add some onto that myself," Benny chimed in. "Not five grand, but would two grand each work for ya?"
"Shit yeah, it would, Benny Boy!" Revy exclaimed with glee, then wrapping her arms around her husband. "Fuckin' A, Rocky Baby! That's fourteen fuckin' grand total! Combine that with whatever we got saved up and tis is lookin' to be the best fuckin' honeymoon ever!"
"I can't disagree with you on that one," chuckled Rock.
"By the way," Revy began. "What's the weather in Japan gonna be like this time of year?"
"Not as hot as Roanapur," Rock answered. "Still, we won't have to dress like last time. Although, you may wanna wear less revealing pants."
"I don't see you complaining!" Revy elbowed him in the ribs.
"That may be," grunted Rock. "But, Japan is a lot more conservative that Roanapur. It's more a suggestion, I won't hold it against you."
"Well I ain't gonna embarrass my husband," Revy blushed. "I got modest clothes ya know!? I'm a fuckin' lady still!"
Rock gave Revy a peck on the cheek, which made her blush brightly, and made Benny and Dutch laugh.
"That was a cheap fuckin' move, Rocky Baby..."
"Oh wait," Rock interjected. "It just occurred to me... what are we going to do about passports? We haven't traveled legally abroad in a few years now..."
"Shit!" exclaimed Revy. "So much for the fuckin' honeymoon."
"Relax," Benny replied. "It'll take a day or so, but I can procure you two some. Jane can help too."
"Thanks a lot, Benny!" exclaimed Rock.
"Call it a bonus wedding gift," Benny grinned. "I'm guessing you'll want both name to read Okajima?" Rock and Revy both blushed at the thought, but they did both share a last name now. "Thought so. I'll get right on it."
"This is legal?" Michiko asked. She and Akira had remained quiet through the whole exchange.
"Revy has a... sordid past," Rock explained. "But, don't worry. Benny is one of the best tech guys around. Plus, he's dating one of the best forgers around. These passports will fool any regular customs agent."
"This will not be risky for you two?" Michiko asked with concern.
"Don't worry, Mother," Rock assured her, putting his hands on her shoulders. "This is much safer than trying to roam the streets of Roanapur at night. Besides, with Revy's name on the passport reading Okajima, it'll be more effective. Oh yea, Benny, be sure to make that Rebecca Okajima on the passport."

"Rebecca Okajima? Mrs. Okajima? It doesn't sound wrong at all to me! It sounds incredibly right!" Revy blushed at the thought. "So, you say these won't be done till tomorrow?"
"Yeah," answered Benny.
"In that case," Revy said, sporting a wide grin. "We need to celebrate... Roanapur style! To the Yellow Flag!"
"You don't wanna change first?" Rock asked.
"Fuck no!" exclaimed Revy, laughing maniacally. "Can't wait to see the look on people's faces when they see me dressed like this! Especially when they hear why!"

The Lagoon Company and Rock's parents drove to the Yellow Flag.
"The Yellow Flag is a bar?" Akira asked.
"Best in all of Roanapur!" exclaimed Revy, grinning wide. "Rock and I have shared many a drinking contest there!" Revy blushed a bit, not sure how his parents would react.
"I am a salaryman," Akira said. "I am more than familiar with drinking contests."
Michiko giggled at her husband's remarks.
"Runs in the family, eh?" Revy chuckled.
"You could say that," chuckled Rock.
Finally, they made their way to the Yellow Flag. Revy kicked open the doors and sauntered in, smiling wide, with Rock's arm locked in her arm.
"Yo, Bao! Round of Bacardi!"
In the bar were some of the usual scumbag faces. Turns out Eda was also there, wearing her usual out of church clothes (i.e. very skimpy), along with Rock's sparring buddies.
"Evening, Two Hands," Bao greeted. "Celebrating something?"
"Bet your ass we are!" exchanged Revy, who then noticed Eda sitting at the bar. "What's up with you, bitch?"
"I could ask you the same," retorted Eda. "What the fuck is up with that dress? Actually, why are all of you dressed so nice?"
Before anyone could answer, Rock's sparring buddies showed up.
"Yo, Scrawny!" exclaimed Jimmy, which caused Revy to groan. "Haven't seen ya in a while! What's with the nice duds? Who are the older folks with ya?"
"Who the fuck asked you, Jibaro!?" Revy asked defensively.
"What crawled up your ass?" asked Jimmy.
"You have no fuckin' idea, buddy," cackled Eda.
"Damn!" exclaimed Jimmy. "Who's this fine lookin' Chica!"
"Name's Eda," she greeted Jimmy, smiling coyly.
"Jimmy," he replied, shaking her hand. "I spar with Rock from time to time."
"You must know some moves then," Eda slyly remarked.
"I may know some things," Jimmy smiled big.
"Jesus fuckin' Christ!" exclaimed Revy. "Get a fuckin' room whydoncha! Keep that shit up here and I'm gonna fuckin' puke!"

"Hey, Rocky," Filo chimed in. "This your Ma?"
"Yup," replied Rock. "Mother, this is my friend, Filo. He taught me how to fight. Filo, this is my mother Michiko Okajima."
"Pleasure to meet ya, Mrs. Okajima," Filo exclaimed, shaking her hand. "Filo Jones, I hail from Chicago! Already met your husband the other day."
"Pleased to make your acquaintance,"!Michiko replied. "I recall Akira mentioning meeting one of Rokuro's friends."
"Rokuro, eh?" Filo said. "Guess it makes sense that Rock's a nickname."
"Hey there, Mrs. O!" exclaimed Jimmy, shaking Michiko's hand, then Akira's. "Name's Jimmy Acosta, from San Juan, Puerto Rico!"
"Rodel Quezon,"'the typically quiet Rodel greeted. "Cebu, Philippines."
"Roanapur is a very diverse place," Michiko noticed.
"You betcha!" exclaimed Filo.
"Yo, Rocky," Jimmy interjected. "Ya still ain't answered what the fancy duds are about. Looks like ya just got back from a wedding."
"Well..." Rock fumbled to say. "We... uh... we..."
"We did get back from a fuckin' wedding!" exclaimed Revy, smiling big.

It was at this moment that Eda began to really pay attention to how everyone was dressed. Revy's in a white dress, Rock's in a suit. Her eyes went wide and her pupils the size of pins when she then spotted the rings on both their fingers. She knew they were dating, in fact she won money off of Yolanda and Rico because of it. But she didn't expect this!
"NO FUCKING WAY!" Eda shouted. "ROCK AND TWO HANDS GOT FUCKING HITCHED!"
It was now so quiet in that bar that you could easily hear a thousand pins drop. Rock was blushing so red now you could mistake him for a tomato. Revy was smiling in her usual maniacal way. She then grabbed Rock by his shirt collar and kissed him.
"That's right!" Revy exclaimed, showing off her and Rock's rings. Rock was still blushing bright red but was powerless to pull his arm away.
"I'm Mrs. Okajima now! I'm off the fuckin' market! Same goes for Rocky Baby! So hands off! Especially you, Sister Skanky!"
Eda showed a very clear sign of annoyance.
"Now then, I'm out here to share some drinks with my new husband and the in-laws! You cocksuckers got a problem with that!?"
Again there was a long moment of silence.
"Guess I need to congratulate the new couple," Bao said softly. "So... what the hell! The wedding party drinks free!" Revy and Rock were shocked. "First five rounds that is! Also, anyone who wasn't actually at the ceremony still has to pay!"
"Fuckin' A!" exclaimed Revy.