20. Here We Go

STEPHANIE'S POV

Saturday. We are all packed and everything was in the U-haul and we were all ready to go.

Jayden, in case you were wondering, was with my brothers giving them a goodbye hug while Kristina and Cassie were hugging the younger twins. I guess Darren and I got demoted, what a shame... not!

Anyways, Jayden and I hadn't had a moment to talk about the kiss, but we probably never will. This is how it always has been, we used to occasionally kiss before Logan and I dated but we never felt anything..I mean, I didn't feel anything.

They were always friendly kisses so I never thought much of it, but maybe things are continuing to change. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

It's amazing how everything changed, we lived in a three-bedroom house and went to a school where everything was basic and everyone knew each other, to standing in a six-bedroom house, and making sure you're ready for school after President Week off, and meeting new people. 

Yes, six-bedroom house. We thought maybe we were getting a four-bedroom but our parents never seize to amaze us. 

We each have our own bedroom, luckily we were prepared. My parents had bought us bunk beds before we moved so now we just had to separate them and both Mariana and I have our own beds. Darren and Marco also had a bunk bed so they were also in our situation, besides Alex who had his own bed.

I still had my own furniture but Mariana and the boys needed new stuff so we were all going the next day to see if we can get them some furniture. I'm mostly going to help Mariana pick out stuff for her bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY

"OMG MARCOOOO! If you don't hurry I'll tell dad to leave you behind." Both mom and I agreed with Mariana, we were just going to see furniture but Marco decided to go all out and now he is taking forever to do his hair.

"Chill Mari Anne, a boy never knows where it is that he might find love...or a hookup." Darren said with a smirk.

"Oh no, you will not teach your brother your player ways. He, unlike you will be respectful to women until he finds a girlfriend. And call your sister by her proper name." My mother said, even when she knows Marco and Mariana were the results of an affair, she still treats them like her own children.

'''''''

After what seemed like forever, Marco was finally ready and now we were currently looking at furniture. 

Let me tell you, Mariana has such great taste that she ended up helping me decide on some new stuff.

When Mariana and I saw all the pretty beds and all the pretty furniture we begged to convince my mom to let us get it, we even offered to allow her to sell our bunk beds and my furniture if it meant getting new ones. Mom agreed after Dad helped us convince her. 

~~~~~~~~~

Finally! We were all done.

We all finished choosing new furniture and we got same day delivery and the workers took it to our house and assembled everything for us. (While they were working, my mom offered them a soda and my dad got jealous and began to act like a child. It was hilarious!)

When they were finally done my mom asked if they were interested  in our ol furniture and they agreed, since they were still in good condition my mom was able to sell them at a good price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now the end of the our week vacation and we will begin school at South High tomorrow. I would say I was a complete nerve wreck but I really wasn't, my best friends came over almost everyday and helped me relax and think about all the good stuff that I'm able to have. 

Jayden has been around as well, never touching the topic our kiss and I'm not surprised. It was a casual thing, no feelings attached and I happy for that. It was too soon to begin thinking about a new relationship and I also had more things to worry about.

Since today is our last day of vacations we opted for a quick bonfire on the beach, all of us and we were currently getting the fire started.

With the golden light radiating from the flames and the warm heat surrounding us, we began to talk about memories and recall the good times back in middle school.

High school changed us all, maybe for the worst but one thing is for sure. We were now out here, together, and enjoying this new chapter in our lives. New life, new family members, and new school, I hope the rest of my high school experience turns out much better. But even if itdoesn't I know that I will have my family and friends right besides me to help me get through it.

Tomorrow I will walk into South High with my head held high, where no one knows me and make a name for myself.

Hey everyone, this is where Dumb But Not Stupid ends. I am planning on writing a sequel but that will have to wait, unless.. Aha ha.

No but for reals, thank you all for allowing me to share my first story with you all and thank you for all the support. I hope you continue to read my works and stay updated.

I'm looking forward to writing a sequel to Stephanie's life.