Chapter 3 : Shower

Gupta Sadan

Gupta Sadan

Veined marble floors and a Roman spa-inspired vanity, the bathroom was an exciting combination of great lighting and ocean blue paint.

In the warm jet of shower, water was cascading down his hard chiseled body shining under the golden light.

He turned off the shower valve with right hand, while his left hand was on the front wall, as he sighed with satisfaction.

It was refreshing!

He moved his both hands through his black jet hair as some water droplets fell down on his hard chest, moving from the perfectly carved abs to further down... in the forbidden territory.

Gupta Uncle had designed this room as per his taste 10 years ago when he had come here second time.

"Arnav this will be your room from now on."

First time he had come here, when his Di was hospitalized 14 years ago.

Anjali had fallen from the staircase and hurt her leg. Doctors had asked his Nani, to get diagnosed her to Delhi.

Again, Shashi had made arrangements in the top hospitals. But unfortunately Anjali's tibia had fractured, leading to limp which couldn't be cured later on.

Second time he had come here, as Anjalj was getting married.

Shyam Jha his jeejaji was the In-house Counsel in the G&R.

The perfect person for Anjali. Accepting her with all the shortcomings.

They had met in college and marriage was proposed from his side. He had even offered to manage all the cost of marriage. But Devyani and Shashi had refused.

"Devyani Singh Raizada CAN MANAGE the lavish wedding of her one and only granddaughter." Nani had taken it on her self-respect."It will be the marriage of the century."

"Why so much unnecessary expenses Nani. We will manage in whatever we have. Even Shyamji won't like it."

Anjali had objected, when Nani had decided to sell Sheesh Mahal...their family heritage Palace.

"After all it is Nanaji's last symbol."

"And you are Ratna's symbol." Nani was adamant.

All rituals had happened in Gupta Sadan. "I'll do the kanyadan of Anjali bitiya. She is like my daughter."
Arnav remembered the words of Gupta Uncle.