Chapter 35 : Happy Ending

Middle of Night
Arshi Bedroom:

It was midnight when a tired Khushi was staring at her mobile screen, reading the status by Lavanya.

Lavanya had congratulated Aman on the occasion of their semi-anniversary.

But her mind was clouded with many things.

'For first six months they cannot file divorce.' The Will clause of her father came before her eyes.

"I'll file divorce after five months."
Her contract clause she had offered to Arnav. It was today when she had planned to file it.

"Are they our divorce papers?" Arnav's words few minutes ago. He still didn't know that she was in love with him and their contract was meaningless for her.

Her plan of surprising him had failed, as she had to go to Chennai in emergency.

'But why did Nani call him suddenly on this day!' She was doubting it.

"You will marry the girl I choose for you!" She remembered words of Nani.

'But he can't do this to me. He won't do it. I trust him.'

She stood up with tension, 'The contract is leaked and breached. Now it is meaningless.'

She again thought options to bound him with her. 'Even legally he is married to me in the court of law!'

She was doubting some manipulation by his Nani, as they didn't like the contract thing.

'Maybe it is against their traditions.'

She was sure. '

Are they planning his second marriage, to a virtuous girl unlike me?'

The thought made her restless as she dialled to Arnav. But it was unreachable. He was still in flight.

'But I can't take risk.'

._._._.

RM, Lucknow
Next Morning

After an overnight drive, it was late morning when Khushi reached 'Raizada Mansion', a well-decorated one.

The crazy journey was taking a toll on her. But she had not much option yesterday, having no flight till morning.

So driving from Delhi to Lucknow was only thing she had thought of. Without caring of anything else she had took this decision. She couldn't lose Arnav for anything.

'All decorations! It means.....' Realization of obvious made her run towards the entrance.

"Manorama, did you prepare everything Panditji has told you!" She could hear Nani, talking to Mami from a distance, among other noises, as the Mansion was full of guests.

As Khushi entered the Mansion there were so many happenings that no one noticed her.

Fidgeting with her fingers she was feeling a strong headache. The nauseatic feeling increased as she looked at the happy faces, some chatting, some working, some running.

'How can Arnav do this!' She felt as if her head was squeezed as the heaviness increased. 'Maybe it is not what I am seeing!' She tried to reason, wiping the brewing tears.

Feeling all dizzy she leaned on the wooden rack near the entrance as she saw a Pooja Thali kept there. But what caught her attention was the big Wedding Card Box.