Chapter 9 : Lifetime

SENIOR Gupta BREATHED HIS LASTG&R ORPHANEDSHOCK IN THE BUSINESS WORLD

G&R ORPHANED
SHOCK IN THE BUSINESS WORLD

New Delhi
Prominent Indian businessman Shashi Gupta has died on Tuesday at St. Xavious Hospital, of a suspected heart attack, at the age of 60. He had became unwell on Sunday, when he was admitted to the hospital.

His condition was later reported to be stable though, only to ripple the shock waves with his sudden demise.

The chairman of one of the top textile empires, 'G&R', and an advisor to the 'Chamber of Commerce's Economics Committee', Mr Gupta had been coping up with his health since last month and so did the company which is facing ebbs and lows.

Across the city, friends and businessmen were stunned at his death. None of the daughters of Mr Gupta was available for comments.

._._._.

Gupta Sadan

Gupta Sadan

Arnav was trying to console a very hysterical Lavanya for past half an hour.

He himself was torn from inside losing his mentor, guide and patron; feeling like he had lost his parents once again. But right now he was too tensed with other problems to mourn.

"Lavanya, please eat something. Even Uncle would not have liked if you behave like this."

"Arnavji, why did everyone leave me? I didn't remember much of Mom's death. But Papa was everything for me."
Her tears were unstoppable.

Arnav was never very good with words and emotions. While Lavanya hugging him tightly, was not helping either.

Flashback:

"Aman is perfect for Lavanya. It's your responsibility to arrange their marriage." The last words of Shashi were running in Arnav's mind.