Chapter 17 : Divorce

Aman's Apartment:

Lavanya rolled to other side, trying to block the sunlight disturbing her sleep

Lavanya rolled to other side, trying to block the sunlight disturbing her sleep. But the sound of flowing water, made her open her eyes.

She sat up quickly, remembering that she was sharing room with her husband, but finding no one around she sighed. Leaning on the backrest, the incidents of last night slowly made its way to her way.

"Lavanyaji, I don't believe in this marriage." Aman had said last night. "I am sorry for what happened."

She was not very hopeful with her married life, but had not expected this from her husband in the wedding night.

'He is still in love with Sheetal', she thought, all the words of Khushi making sense. 'He said sorry because he can't give a chance to this marriage!'

He had not slept on the bed.

Might be on the recliner, she guessed.

Removing all the jewellery, she went to unpack her bags. The heavy lehanga was unbearable now.

Not to talk about her heavy heart.

._._._.

Aman applied aftershave and moisturizer to his freshly shaved face

Aman applied aftershave and moisturizer to his freshly shaved face. He was joining office today after a sleepless last night.

After confrontation with KKG that day, his mind was restless since then.

'Am I being selfish, using Lavanya for my mother's wish?'

The thought was plaguing his mind since last few days, but he didn't have courage to talk to Lavanya. He was afraid to hear the truth.

To avoid any complications, he had let everything to go with the flow. But he had observed Lavanya's hesitation and reservations all through the wedding rituals.

'She was forced for sure, to forget ASR, to agree for the marriage.'

Opening the shower, Aman let the water flow down his muscular body.