For The Love Of The Game

LACEY'S POV

Lacey was glad Aaron was there. She thought it was nice that he decided to bring her some medicine. She was already starting to feel her headache go away. The bell rang and Lacey sat up.

"What are you doing?" Aaron asked, standing up.

"Going to my next class."

"But you don't feel good. You should just stay here the rest of the day."

"I'm fine Aaron," Lacey smiled. "Besides if I stay here all day I won't be able to practice and there's no way that's gonna happen." She walked around the corner to the nurse. "I think I'm gonna go to class now. Thank you for letting me lay down for a while."

"Anytime dear! If you start feeling bad again just come back."

Lacey and Aaron walked out of the nurse's office together. "Well I guess we're going to Ryan's together aren't we?"

"Yup!" Aaron smiled. Lacey noticed that he looked excited. She was too. She was ready for school to be over with.

"Ok well I guess I'll see you whenever I get out of practice."

"I'll be waiting," Aaron said flashing Lacey a dazzling smile. She instinctively smiled back at him. There was something about his smile that was contagious.

"Ok. Later," Lacey said as she turned and headed to her next class.

***********

"Ok girls good practice today! Our first game is on Wednesday next week against Bourbon. You girls know how they are. They play dirty!" Temple said giving the team a run down. Lacey was ready. She lived for the games. The chance to get out there and do what she loved to do, there was nothing better. She didn't need to listen to Temple. She knew exactly what Bourbon was like. They played extremely dirty. Lacey had seen one to many fights during games against them. Temple snapped her out of her thoughts.

"So be safe this weekend, no drinking! I'll see you guys back in here on Monday! Lady Cats on three. 1-2-3!"

"Lady Cats!" The team yelled.

Lacey went to the locker room and changed clothes. She threw on a pair of jeans, a tshirt, and a comfy hoody. She knew that there would be a lot of moving around going on tonight so she should wear comfortable clothes. She walked out of the gym to the back parking lot. She knew Aaron would be there at her car waiting for her, so she wasn't surprised when she saw him. He gave her a bright smile and walked over towards her.

"Here let me help you," he said taking her gym bag from her. Lacey thought it was unneccesary but sweet.

"Ok thanks," she said. She grabbed her keys out of her hoody pocket and unlocked her car. She started to climb in when Aaron stopped her.

"No no, I'm gonna drive."

"Why?"

"Because you guys invited me so I figured I'd just make it easier on you if I drive. Besides, I know you don't feel like it after practice." Lacey knew he was right. She was tired and her headache had come back. Still she didn't like the fact that Aaron was going to be her chauffeur, but she didn't want to drive. She rolled her eyes and walked over to his car. Aaron had one of the newer Camaros. She opened the passenger side door and climbed in. Aaron put Lacey's gym bag in his back seat and got in.

"We have to stop and get the pizza." Lacey reminded Aaron.

"Ok, which place? Pizza Hut? Dominos?"

"Charlie's," Lacey said.

"You guys order from Charlie's?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah always. It's the best! Have you ever had it?"