For The Love Of The Game

LACEY'S POV

Lacey woke up the next morning to the sound of her phone going off. She slowly rubber her eyes and saw that she was in her room. She sat up. She didn't remember coming home. In fact, the last thing that Lacey did remember was watching Grease at Ryan's. Her phone went off again. She found it in her hoody pocket. She was still dressed in what she wore last night. She opened her phone and couldn't believe how many texts she had. 8 from Tara, 3 from Tristin, 5 from Ryan, and 15 from Nicole. Instead of reading any of them she called Tara. It rang twice before she answered.

"FINALLY!" Tara said, sounding completely annoyed.

"What happened last night?" Lacey asked confused.

"Well you decided to fall asleep during the movie. You used Aaron as a pillow."

"Do what?" Lacey said.

"Yup, and we were going to wake you up but Aaron decided not to so he brought you home. You'll have to go get your car. It's still at the school.""Aaron brought me home?"

"Ya, it was really sweet. He was so concerned about not waking you up or anything. And the way he carried you was SO adorable...."

"Wait! He carried me?!" Lacey already felt embarassed.

"Yup! Like I said too sweet! Nicole has been dying to talk to you. Wants to know if anything else went on after you left. Nothing did, did it?" Tara had hint of suspicion hidden in her voice.

"No of course not! At least, I don't think so. I never woke up." Lacey was trying to remember anything, but she couldn't. She could barely remember a dream of someone kissing her forhead,but that was all.

"Ok, well do you want me to come and take you to get your car?" Tara offered.

"Yeah if you don't mind."

"Ok I'll be there in a little bit."

"Bye," Lacey said hanging up. She shook her head. Aaron Matthews carried her and she was laying on him during the whole movie. She felt the heat rising in her cheeks. She changed clothes and went to brush her teeth and hair. She walked into the kitchen. Her dad was at the table.

"Good morning sunshine," he said.

"Morning dad."

"Someone had a late night last night," laughed her dad.

"Yeah I didn't wake you did I?" Lacey hoped Aaron and her dad didn't run into each other.

"I heard you come in," her dad took another sip of his coffee.

Lacey looked at the clock above the stove. It said 11:20. She had slept almost half the day away. She was just getting ready to grab a granola bar when there was a knock at the front door.

"I'll get it," Lacey offered. She walked to the door and opened it. She felt like her eyes might pop out of their sockets when she saw Aaron standing there. He had a big smile on his face.His hair was in its usual messy style and he was wearing basketball shorts and a tshirt. Lacey smiled at him, she thought the look suited him well.

"Hey!" he said smiling brightly at her.

"Umm...hey," she said.

"I'm glad you're up. I was wondering if you had any plans today."

"Well Tara was going to come and get me to go get my car, but other than that no." Lacey said.

"Great well you wanna hang out?" Lacey couldn't believe how casual Aaron was being. She felt mortified, while he was so happy-go-lucky. But even though she felt embarassed over what happened last night, she wouldn't say no.