For The Love Of The Game

LACEY'S POV

Lacey woke up early the next morning. She jumped out of bed and went to the kitchen to grab a light breakfast. As she was getting ready for the day she couldn't stop thinking about the night ahead of her. Her friends and her were going to have a great time. And she couldn't help but wonder if maybe something might happen between her and Aaron. As she was getting ready to leave her dad walked into the living room.

"Morning dad."

"Morning!"

"I've got plans tonight so I won't be home until late, okay?"

"That's fine. I'll be sure to leave the front light on for you."

"Ok. Well I'm gonna head to school a little bit early. See you later. Love you!"

Lacey walked out the front door and to her car. She pulled into school and was glad she got a good parking spot. She thought that maybe she should come to school earlier from now on. When she walked in to the cafeteria she saw Ryan and Hannah sitting at their table.

"Hey Lacey," Hannah said.

"Hey guys!"

"So are you ready for tonight?" Ryan asked her.

"I can't wait! I've been so excited since Monday!" Lacey couldn't stop the smile on her face.

"It should be great." Hannah said. Just then Nicole, Tara, and Tristin walked up.

"Ok so I have to know, what are you guys wearing tonight?" Nicole asked. Lacey let out a little laugh. Nicole always took everything way to seriously sometimes.

"I don't find this funny Lacey," she said with a frown.

"I know you don't but I do! But really I'm just wearing jeans and a cute shirt. We're going down to Bird's Nest Lodge. It's right on the river. You know everyone will be running around. I'm not wearing anything too nice I know it'll just get dirty," Lacey said.

"Good point. The Lodge is right on the river. Wouldn't surprise me if people actually decide to get in and swim around," Tara said.

"So who's riding with who?" Tristin asked.

"Well Lacey, Tara, and I are going with the boys," Nicole said.

"The three of us can ride together. I'll drive," Ryan suggested.

"Deal," said Hannah.

"Yeah deal. I didn't want to drive anyway," Tristin threw out.

Just then the bell rang and everyone stood up. They all said their goodbyes and walked to their classes. Lacey almost jogged to math class. She was excited to see Aaron. When she walked in she didn't see him yet. As she walked to her seat Temple caught her attention.

"Hey Lacey."

"Yeah coach?"

"No practice today. I've got a conference meeting to go to."

"Oh ok."

Normally this would have been bad news to Lacey. She hated to have practices cancelled. But today was different. Today she was glad there was no practice. This meant that she could spend more time getting ready without being rushed around. Plus if she would of had practice she would have been all sweaty. The day just kept getting better. Aaron finally walked in and gave Lacey his usual big smile.

"So are you ready for tonight?" he asked her as he sat down.

"I guess," Lacey didn't want to seem too eager.