chapter 05

EUNKYUNG

being with jihye feels a bit uncomfortable now. she doesn't talk to me, well only a little. she hangs out with mingyu and wonwoo more.

i feel jealous. not only because wonwoo is my crush also because they get to hang out with jihye. sometimes i want to confront her if i did anything wrong, if i said something wrong.

but i can't do that because i'm a coward.

"hey," i came back to my senses when hyena snapped her fingers in front of me. "you're spacing out." i sighed and hyena clicked her tongue.

"is there anything wrong?" hyena asked "nothing. it's just- i'm stressed of all these works the teachers are giving us." hyena nodded her head "yeah.. same."

"let's do some confession stuff." i gave her a frown "what?" "do you like someone in our batch?" hyena asked without answering my question.

"it's impossible for you not to like someone in our batch." hyena gave a teasing smile. i hesitated telling her "umm..." i locked my lips together.

"fine, i'll go first. i like choi seungcheol to be honest. he's just... the perfect boyfriend, i guess? i mean he has this vibe that i like. he hits different." we both chuckled. "come on! i know you like someone!"

"actually i like... jeon wonwoo." hyena gave a cheeky smile "ugh, i know you'd start teasing me from now on." i rolled my eyes. "no i won't! it's just that... didn't know you were into honor students."

i laughed, "he hits different." hyena laughed and we shared stories together.

-

walking towards my locker, i got my books and notebook for my next class. as i locked my locker, i noticed there was an envelope on the floor.

i picked it up and it says:

from. j

i looked in front of me, there was a boy walking away to go to his own class and his locker is just beside mine and he was beside me a while ago. i bet it's his.

i walked towards him and patted him. he turned around and i realized it was joshua, one of wonwoo's friends.

"j-joshua, right?" i asked. he gives a small nod and i gave him the envelope "i think you dropped it a while ago." he took it and he gave a surprised look for a second.

"u-uh... yeah, it's mine. thank you, ?" he gave a confused look "oh umm, i'm eunkyung." "yeah. thank you eunkyung."

i nodded and he walked away. i looked at him and he was walking towards the lockers again. i hid in a corner and looked at him.

i don't know why but he seemed suspicious. he stopped, facing a locker but it wasn't his. he slipped the letter through the holes of the locker and i immediately left.

that was weird.

from what i know, he stopped across my locker.

and the locker across mine is jihye's.

-

walking inside the science laboratory, hyena already got a partner and it was a boy. "ah, ms. eunkyung.. you can sit beside..."

the only seats left was beside jihye or wonwoo. i don't want any of them because it would be awkward.

"you can sit beside mr. wonwoo, ms. eunkyung."

great.

"mr. joshua, you're here too. you can sit beside ms. jihye." i sat beside wonwoo and kind of distanced myself.

my heart was pounding, my cheeks were hot and i couldn't sit still. "eunkyung," wonwoo's low voice called

i looked at him, "y-yeah?" i stuttered. "i'm sorry" i was confused, "for what?" "i shouldn't have forced you to study with us. i think you felt uncomfortable that time."

"oh no... i didn't. i was actually having a hard time in math too. i learnt a lot from jihye."

no, i didn't learn anything.

i was just stealing glances from wonwoo that time.

"really? so you're not mad at me or anything?" i chuckled "why would i?"

-

me and wonwoo just talked through the whole discussion. going back to my locker, i remember what joshua did.

i looked behind me and jihye was there. i looked beside me and joshua was also there. looking back at jihye, apparently she already opened the envelope and was looking around.

i looked at joshua and he was smiling.

does he like jihye?

-

jihye's pov — seventiiinnn