chapter 07

EUNKYUNG

months have passed, me and jihye are still avoiding each other. i really want to confront her about it. i just can't find the right time to and my confidence level doesn't let me.

i probably should stop crushing on wonwoo as well. wonwoo and jihye are dating, there's no chance for wonwoo to like me back.

i was in the library and i kept staring on my chemistry homework. hyena was doing something else and can't accompany me here but she'll be with me during recess.

i was spacing out until someone pulled a chair in front of my table. it was wonwoo. i frowned and straightened my back, "wonwoo? what are you doing here?"

"what else would i be doing here?" wonwoo asks with a cute smile on his face "i see that you haven't finished your chemistry homework."

i looked down and i completely forgot about it. i gave a small nod. "we can do it together. i haven't finished mine too." i looked up at him.

"but? aren't you suppose to be with jihye?" i asked "oh umm... she's with joshua for the mean time, so i decided why not be with you, right?" he chuckles.

"plus you're my friend."

of course. i'm just a friend.

wonwoo moved his chair closer to me and opened his notebook. "let's do it, okay?" i looked at him.

i don't know what to feel. i feel sad and happy at the same time. such a bittersweet moment.

"yeah." i grabbed my pen and he started to help me.

-

the bell rang and when  was about to leave the table, wonwoo grabbed my hand. i looked at him. his hand made my mind go crazy.

"uhh, do you wanna go grab lunch with me?" he asked. i blinked a lot of times as i got back to my senses.

"i-i'm sorry. i'm with hyena." i stuttered. he nodded, "by the way, get back here after you eat, we'll finish our homework."

i nodded and immediately left. hyena was outside the library and i frowned, "were you waiting for me?" i asked.

she shook her head, "i was about to enter to fetch you. but... you look tensed?" hyena goves a confused look.

"it's nothing. let's go, i'm starving."

-

"i have a story to tell!" jihye exclaimed "you have a lot of story to tell." we both chuckled.

"oh look, it's jihye." hyena grabbed my hand as we walked towards her. i kept pulling away but hyena's grip is so strong.

"hi jihye!" jihye looked at hyena with a smile and i just watched her conversing with my friend.

"i just wanted to say that both of you look so cute together." jihye bowed her head, "thank you. by the way, how are you and seungcheol?"

"you won't believe this, he asked me out the other day to watch a movie with him!" my eyes widened at her "really?" i asked.

"yes! jihye, eunkyung would you like to help me pick an outfit later?" i looked at jihye, her smile dropped.

"oh umm, i'm really sorry, hyena. i have a chemistry project to catch up. i'm pretty sure eunkyung is free." hyena pouted and nodded.

"that's sad... but i'll text you instead, okay? bye." hyena grabbed my hand again and left.

"hyena, what was that?" i asked. "well, i was just trying to test her." "for what? is this a social experiment or something?" hyena chuckled, "you know what it is."

-

i went back to the library and wonwoo was already there, playing with his phone. i immediately sat beside him.

"i'm sorry, did i keep you waiting?" he put his phone down and shook his head "i just came a few minutes ago." i nodded and placed my notebooks down.

to be honest, i feel a little bit comfortable with him now.

as time passes, we were being cooperative with our project. we were helping each other out and talked.

wonwoo placed down his scissors and his body moved very close to me. he was trying to reach for the glue. our bodies were attached and i stared at him in shock.

wonwoo looked at me and our faces were so close. i could feel his breath and my heart was pounding so bad.

stop making me fall for you even more.

-

jihye's pov — seventiiinnn