Steven Pov

I wake up in my bed. I smell something good and look over. There's a bowl of soup waiting for me. I use all my strength and carefully sit up. I quickly eat some of the soup. Although I haven't eaten in a couple days, I'm not used to eating. So I save some for later, and that's when I notice a note next to the soup. I pick up the note and read it.

Dear Steven,

          I'm sorry, we had to go out for a while we couldn't wait for you to wake up. Your dad's downstairs resting on the couch, so if you need something just yell for him. We love you!

                               Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst

I feel a bit bummed. I really wanted to see them. 'I haven't seen them a lot. The only time I did-' I stop thinking about it, not wanting to bring back the memories.

I put down the note, and sigh. 'What do I do now?' I think to myself. Suddenly I hear the door silently open like someone didn't want to be heard.

My heart starts beating fast. I slowly look towards the door, and sigh in relief as I see Garnet and Amethyst. "Guys!" They jump, obviously trying to be sneaky. "W-What are you doing?"

They come up the stairs and each hug me. "Nothing, we're glad you're up though." I look at them confused. "It didn't seem like it. And where's Pearl?" The share a look before turning their heads to me once more.

"She's.... missing" Amethyst says. Garnet gives her a death glare. "Amethyst!" She looks back in defiance. "He deserves to know!" Garnet sighs. "W-What?! She's missing?! W-what if Holly and Jasper took her! W-What if they shattered her!?"

I began to panic. "Steven! Calm down! She's okay." I look at her, tears forming in my eyes. "How do you know?" She hangs her head and sighs.

A couple seconds later she looks up. "She.... ran away. Well, warped away." I wipe the tears from my eyes. "W-Wait what? Is it.. because of me?" She looks torn, like she's deciding whether to tell me or not. "No, she..." Garnet looks at Amethyst for help.

Amethyst sighs. "She shattered Jasper." Amethyst says sadly. I gasp. "W-What?! She sh-shattered Jasper?" I say, astonished. Garnet nods.

"We need to find her. She shouldn't be alone." Garnet looks up. "We don't have a choice." She says. "We don't know where she is." I sit up. "Steven! Lay back down you're hurt and weak. You need rest." I shake my head. "You're taking me and we're finding Pearl."

We argue for a couple minutes before Garnet and Amethyst finally give in. "Fine. Come on." She puts me in a floating wheelchair-like object. I can control it with a joystick. "Ready?" I nod. We step onto the warp pad and it glows a bright blue before transporting us somewhere.

//

496 words