𝐰𝐲𝐚𝐭𝐭 • 𝐚𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚

requested by Alyssajj11

𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐲/𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐭

547 words.

wyatt lykensen x best friend! reader.

warnings: a few curse words.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

third person's p.o.v

you think being a high school student is hard? imagine being a high school student and the great alpha. well for y/n she didn't have to imagine, it was her reality. she didn't even know that she was the great alpha until wyatt and willa took her to the wolf den. she felt so at home there, like she belonged there.

that night wyatt and willa explained the story of the great alpha and even showed y/n the moonstone necklace reserved for them. for shits and giggles, wyatt wrapped the necklace around y/n's neck as a joke and she completely wolfed out! her hair had turned white and her eyes glowed. wyatt had a feeling that his best friend was the great alpha but he never knew that he would've been right. everyone in the den was in shock as they had all witnessed what happened. it took a few minutes before wyatt had cut through the silence.

"the great alpha everyone!" wyatt called to the entire pack with a smile. they gathered around and howled out of respect to y/n. she was too in shock to do anything so she just stood there staring at the werewolves. when they stopped y/n left. she didn't say anything, she didn't do anything, she just ran out of the werewolf den. wyatt ran after her and grabbed her arm.

"hey are you ok?" he asked with a look of concern. 

" i just found out that i'm a werewolf, and not just any werewolf, the great alpha, so yeah i'm fine. everything is great." y/n answered in a panicked state. 

she was very close to crying, the thought of having to lead a group of people and handling that kind of responsibility, really stressed her out. wyatt could practically see the stress y/n was feeling and pulled her into a hug. it was a silent and comfortable hug and neither of them had noticed that willa had followed them out into the woods.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

the next day, for that entire day willa kept patronizing wyatt about asking y/n out.

"willa, can you stop please? it's not like y/n likes me back anyway." wyatt said with an annoyed tone.

"are you kidding me?! it's so obvious that she likes you, how can you not see that?" willa fired back. she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"are you for real? you think she likes me back?"

"i know she likes you back. you have to ask her out."

wyatt thought about it for a second before deciding that he would take the risk and ask y/n out.

○○○○○○○○

that night wyatt met y/n outside of the werewolf den.

"hey y/n how are you?" wyatt asked.

"i'm better now. i think i just needed time to let everything sink in." y/n answered with a small smile on her face.

"that's good, maybe you and i should spend some more time, so I can help you get the hang of being a werewolf." wyatt suggested nervously.

"are you really asking me out right now?" y/n asked with a smirk.

"i mean.... yeah." wyatt answered.

"then yes." y/n said before grabbing wyatt's hand and walking into the wolf den together.

published: march 1, 2020.