𝐰𝐲𝐚𝐭𝐭 • 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

requested by Bchurton

𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐲/𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐲𝐚𝐭𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭?

615 words.

wyatt lykensen x werewolf! reader,
willa lykensen x best friend! reader,
wynter barkoitz x best friend! reader.

warnings: none.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

y/n's p.o.v

usually, when you have a crush on someone, it's something small. you blush a little bit and smile when they look at you but ultimately it's not that bad. but it wasn't like that for me. i've never really had that many crushes but i'm pretty sure you are not supposed to feel literally crushed by your feelings. whenever i was around wyatt, my heart rate would speed up and i felt like i couldn't breathe. and as a werewolf, it was exceptionally hard because we really aren't allowed to show weakness and yet every time wyatt smiled (especially at me) i'd feel weak in the knees.

i always try my best to hide my feelings but it's becoming really hard. the only other people that know about this fat struggle with my feelings were willa and wynter. after all, they are my best friends so its not like i could hide this from them. and the most annoying thing about my crushing crush on wyatt was that i was basically invisible to him. i mean, yeah there was the occasional smile or a short conversation but i don't think he noticed me the way i noticed him. 

thinking about all this was stressing me out so i left the den with my sketchpad and a few pencils. whenever i get stressed i like to draw, it always helps me release some emotions. i sat down on the ground with my back against a tree and started drawing the moon. i was so invested in the sketch that i didn't notice wyatt come up next to me and lean against the tree.

"thats really good!" wyatt said making himself known to me. i jumped slightly and looked up at him. his hands were in his pockets and from where i was sitting it looked like he was glowing in the moonlight. before i let myself stare any longer i looked back down at my picture.

"thanks." i answered quietly. wyatt stopped leaning on the tree and sat down next to me. our shoulders were touching and it was taking a great amount of energy for me to not start panicking on the spot.

"how did you find me out here?" i asked him, trying to avoid eye contact.

"i saw you slip out earlier and i found you here."

"i didn't think anyone would notice, i'm basically invisible." i said bitterly.

"you're not invisible to me. actually you're the only person that i really notice." wyatt said, matter of factly. was he serious? did he really notice me the way i noticed him? i thought maybe i misheard him.

"wait really?" i asked in disbelief. i looked up at his face and saw the small smile on his face

"yeah," he said nervously. "whenever i see you its like whenever you're around me, my brain can only focus on you."

'ok weird' i thought to myself. that's usually how I describe myself when i see wyatt. does that mean that wyatt might like me back? maybe. i decided to see if that was right.

"do you ever feel weak in the knees? does your heart speed up?" i asked him slowly.

"yeah, but only when i'm with you." wyatt answered.

he looked up into my eyes and he started to lean in and I did the same. it was like we were magnets bring pulled towards each other. when our lips met it felt like sparks were flying. he pulled away with a grin on his face. after that we just sat in comfortable silence, with stupid dopey grins on our faces.

and suddenly those crushing feelings weren't so bad.

published: march 12, 2020.