4. A Caribbean New Years

Flashback

"Brad please just pack you know it drives me crazy when you leave it until the last minute" I look over across the bedroom to see him laying on the bed texting someone.
"I don't get why we have to go anyway... we never go away for new years" he complains.
"exactly, me and courteney thought it would be a nice change" I said throwing him some shorts to pack, this wasn't technically true though. Courteney had the idea that if we have a get away just us and her, David and coco we would magically fix our problems, she even had to convince me but I was far easier than brad is being right now.
"we leave tomorrow" I walk towards the bed pulling him by the arm playfully and climbing on top of him, which would normally lead to atleast a tickle fight but instead he just moves me off him and walks into the bathroom.
"where are we even going anyway?" he shouts.
I sit on the bed, biting my tongue so as not to make a comment about him not listening for the hundredth time
"errm... the Caribbean" I call back, getting up and going to finish packing.
I roll my eyes as I hear him sigh loudly, as if the caribbean isn't one of the many exotic locations we'd planned to go when we first started traveling.
"maybe we could take some pictures like we used to? You know for the photo album your parents got us at Christmas?" I suggest just to hear him grunt a reply, clearly not listening. I walk into the bathroom just to see him sat on the edge of the tub, texting someone again.
I stand in the doorway for a while seeing if he'll notice me but when he doesn't I just shake my head and walk away to busy myself with the rest of the packing.

The next day

Our flight left LAX at 1:30 in the afternoon and it was a miserable one. It was raining when we boarded so by the time everyone was sat and buckled in, we were soaked. Plus I hate flying which everyone knows, my anxiety was through the roof and Brad did nothing... Didn't hold my hand, no comforting words. He just sat and continued texting, the same person he's been texting for weeks no doubt. Coco and courteney kept me company though, while the guys slept most of the way I bounced coco, who's only six months old, on my lap whilst courteney rubbed my back telling me that turbulence was completely normal.

Once we land, two anxiety attacks and six fairly strong cocktails later, we grabbed our bags, me carrying a sleeping coco on my hip, and we walk the short distance from the airport to the car we'd hired.
I love spending time with kids in general but especially coco, she's perfect in everyway.
I'm hoping to bring up the whole starting a family with Brad this holiday and drop hints about it. As I stare out of the car window I think back to when we first started dating. We always knew we'd start a family and now just seems like the perfect time - career wise... perhaps not relationship wise. But you never know, I think to myself, sometimes a baby can save a crumbling marriage.

We head, jetlagged, to bed as soon as we arrive at the condo, brad doesn't even look at me as we get changed and into bed, he just mumbles goodnight, turns over and soon his snores fill the room but I lay there for atleast another hour before falling asleep.

I wake up with the bed sheets tangled around my legs and my arm over brads chest. I notice he's still sleeping and snuggle up closer as I listen to the waves crashing on the beach outside our window.
After a while I feel him waking up and he instinctively wraps his arms around me kissing my head.
I look up and notice he doesn't seem as tense as he's been these past couple of months and I automatically think the fresh sea air is already helping.
I look up and stare into his eyes for a minute before leaning forward to kiss him and for the first time in what feels like ages he actually kisses me back. Not wanting to take it for granted I move closer, my hand running through his hair as I start to kiss his neck and down to his toned chest.
I sit up and move so I'm straddling him and notice his expression change completely as he realises we're probably going to have sex, but he doesn't stop me. I can't help notice the whole time he's not really into it and he's pretty much looking anywhere but at my face, but I make the most of it as I figure it's probably going to be a while before we have sex again.