Chapter Nine: The Foursome

Dick, Jason and Gar crawl into the vents and kept moving but suddenly stop as they realized Cyborg wasn't behind them.

"Wait, where's Cyborg?" Dick asked

BOOM! A huge explosion was heard from the room they just escaped from. Smoke entered the air vent from the room.

"Do you think he self destructed?" Gar asked with sad expression.

"That's not smoke... Run! It's sleeping gas!!" Dick yelled.

They quickly crawled as fast as they could through the vents but the smoke wasn't just coming from one direction.

"Gar, break us out of this vents."

Gar morphs into a rhino breaking down the vents. They fall into a room of robot armies but they weren't activated. He puts his clothes back on and they decide to snoop around and find Cyborg.

Rachel looked around to see the whole forest destroyed. "Whoa! What happened here?"

"That maniac keeps trying to kill me." Neha points at Tyler who is passed out on the mud. Neha's flames increased as she fumed in rage. Rachel gestured at her to calm down and she inhales deeply.

"The Ice man? Wow, you've been having fun. And who's that?" Rachel points at the wounded beast on her left. "We have to find a safe place to stay and figure out what to do with them." The goo emerges and lifts the beast and Tyler up in the air and followed Rachel and Neha.

"I didn't quite get your name then."

"Rachel and you?"

"Neha, princess of fire. I'm the daughter of King Taorack the great and Queen Maeve and I..."

"Whoa! I asked for your name not your history."

"This is how we introduce ourselves where from."

"Well we aren't there so cut the crap okay?" She logs the two heavy bodies as they went with the objective of staying in a cave once the sky became cloudy and full of thunder and lightning. The sky rumbled and roared ferociously and they quickened their pace. Rachel has lifted both him and the beast with the goo and she carried them into a cave far from where they fought. Neha followed suit by flying ahead. She gently lowers them to the ground and looks around to see if the cave was safe to stay in.

"It's clear, now what do we do with these two." Rachel said and moved close to the beast. His wounds were too deep and his bones were broken and he doesn't seem to be breathing. She runs her hands through his fur and felt the wounds and scars on his skin. Tyler slowly regains consciousness and quickly shoots sharp ice spears at Rachel but goo emerged once more and absorbed it all and grabbed Tyler tightly so he couldn't move a muscle. Rachel turned and looked at him, her eyes were glowing red and her face was pale. The whole cave began to quake and shake.

"Rachel? Can you hear me? What's happening to you?" Neha asked trying to get close to her but the goo smashed her into a wall. The quake intensifies and huge rocks fell and blocked the cave's entrance. She got close to him and fear consumed Tyler.

"Now let's see what drives you so crazy." She whispered into his ears and more goo emerged and attached themselves to his head and pierced through the armor and deep into his brain.

"Arrrhhhh! Stop!!"

The beast slowly began to breathing while Neha tries to crack her way out of the wall. Rachel closed her eyes and Tyler screams at top of his lungs before passing out. He suddenly wakes up and sees nothing but darkness which consists but dark like mist.

"Where the hell am I?"

"Your mind, let's see what's in your darkness." Rachel's voice echoed loudly. He hears giggling and turns around to see two kids, a boy and girl; they were playing and were happy. Suddenly a dark cloud swallowed them.