Chapter Eighteen: Todd

It was finally morning, Neha didn't sleep okay. Though she was made of fire she had never felt so cold and alone as she had felt the past night. She felt something for Tyler and wanted to feel his touch but nature had cheated them both. She spent the whole night wondering what it would be like to have him, to be with him. The last time she felt another human was when she eight years old right before her powers took control and turned her into a human torch. Tyler couldn't deny he wanted Neha too. There was something about her that always drew him back to her. He was the Ice King yet the cold he felt the previous night was unimaginable. He couldn't touch her because that would kill her.

"We have to find Rachel and Kavax." Neha said all ready to go hunting.

"You did see what they both did to us right?" Tyler asked, "We shouldn't near them for now.

"They wouldn't give up on us so why should we give up on them? Either help me find and free them or go your own way." Neha said waiting patiently for his answer but really hoped he'd follow her.

"Ugh! Fine let's go, lead the way." Tyler said and both went deeper into the forest.

"We couldn't have had sex." Rachel kept repeating to herself hoping to believe it. She wanted to be with him but it was all just too fast.

"Rachel I understand if you didn't want this to happen. I'm sorry." Kavax tried to be noble and respect her.

"No! I mean look I like you, I really do but..." She suddenly remembered Gar. She loves him and didn't want to be but she can't help it but recall how scared he was when she lost control. She wasn't sure if they'd ever leave the dimension and she wasn't about to seat by watch her life slip away.

"But what?"

"But nothing, I had someone back home, he can turn into animals. I don't think would work out between us even if I go back. I want you." Rachel said looking directly at him with innocence in her eyes. Kavax came close up to her and gently held her cheek in his palms.

"Are you sure you want me? I've been known to be a lot to handle." Kavax said playfully.

"Then you obviously haven't met me." Both laugh, "Besides the only other men in this dimension are train wrecks. One is my father and the other is literally as cold as ice." They burst out in laughter once more.

"We should probably look for clothes." Kavax suggested.

"Speak for yourself." She picks up her clothes, "I've got mine. Better hurry, I'm not walking around with a naked man."

"You did when I was still a beast."

"Yeah but you had hairs that covered everything thrice over." Rachel said walking out of the cave. Kavax murmured while he's eyes darted around looking for something to wear.

"Your cloak!" Kavax said out loud, "Give me your cloak." Rachel hesitated. She didn't like the idea. "Come on Rachel."

"Ugh! Fine but wash it before you give it back to me. He puts on the cloak and used a vine he tore from the cave walls as a belt. "Hahaha..." Rachel couldn't contain her laughter at the sight of Kavax. He scoffed and both left. They were heading deep into the forest and got close to the part of the forest that was still dark. The sunlight didn't reflect at all in it. They didn't know what to expect but they had each other and that was enough for them to survive.

"What was that?" Kavax when he heard a noise coming from the thick bushes next to them. He couldn't make out what it sounded like but it was a lot of grumbling.