Chapter Fifteen: Fire & Ice II

They've been walking for two days with no destination. Tyler dropped on his knee and Kavax and Rachel fell off his shoulders.

"Be careful, they're still alive." Neha said from behind him.

"They're so heavy, I can't continue anymore." Tyler said panting. He grabbed the dirt on the ground firmly and stared down as if the ground was moving. "I need a break." He fell flat on the ground and took in a deep breath and shut his eyes.

"You know you should've made an ice sleigh or something and put them on it, which would've been much easier. Tyler quickly sprung up from the ground.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?"

"Sorry, I didn't know you were dumb." Neha replied and burst out in laughter. Tyler was enraged but decided to control his temper.

"This is why I keep trying to kill you. You're annoying."

"Says annoyance itself, I mean have you met yourself?"

"Yes and I'm charming as any man could be."

"You're so full of yourself. I don't have the strength to argue with you right now, we'll rest here." Neha pointed at a clearing not far away from where they stood. Tyler sighed and dragged the bodies over there. Neha laid on the grass and made herself comfortable. That night the sky glimmered and it was beautiful. Tyler came over to her and sat down beside her. They both gazed at the sky for a few moments.

"So did you use to have like a skin or are you just coal and fire?"

"Wow that's worst pick-up line I've ever heard." Neha said and chuckled.

"I'm not flirting with you. I only flirt with people I can see their faces." Tyler said with a smile on his face.

"Says the guy who's face is covered in a block of ice, you're ridiculous."

"Come on, I'm been serious here. I've stopped trying to kill you and we're both alone till those two wakes up, you might as well talk to me and make it less boring."

"I used to have a skin, I was born with one but after my birth my parents realized I had inherited the legendary dragon's flame and my elder sister had the power of the sea. She was meant to ascend the throne but it was handed over to me due to my powers." Neha paused, turned and looked at him.

"Well continue, it sounds interesting."

"I knew my sister was upset though she didn't show it. One day my powers went out of control and almost burnt the entire castle down. In an effort to stop it I tried to absorb it but it consumed me, burning me to crisp. I felt the burn but after a while it stopped hurting. My body became like this and flames of fire covered me." She stared back up at the sky.

"What do you think caused an outbreak like that?"

"The council said that the gods were punishing me for stealing my sister's birth right and locked me up in a tall tower where my powers can't hurt anyone."

"Why do princesses always have to be locked up in a tower and wait for some prince to come to their rescue? It's so cliché." Tyler blabbed without thinking. He turned and saw Neha staring at him in anger. "Chill princess it's still alright. Did any prince rescue you?"

"No, everyone was afraid of me. My sister saved the castle from burning down and the council made her the queen. I stayed in that tower and only left when they needed me for war till something brought me here."