Chapter Eleven: A Team

Dick and the rest are back at the Titans tower devastated and lost. Gar kept pacing around the spacious living room anxious and worried, while Jason sat on the couch with his back well rested and Dick was in the kitchen getting a glass of water.

"What happened back there when you got out of the cage?" Jason suddenly threw the question at him.

"It's nothing; I don't want to talk about it."

"Dude we almost got fried by those lasers and u stuck to a corner and kept changing into shits!"

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" Gar roared tearing through his clothes and morphed into a tiger. Jason kicked a small bow staff off the floor into his hand and pressed a button to make it long. Gar roared loud and ferociously at him while he stood his ground and aimed for Gar's weak points.

"Stop!" Dick quickly jumped right in the middle before matters got worse. "Cyborg is still with Father Blood and if he figures out how to use the Father Board then the city is doomed."

Jason dropped his staff and sat back down while Gar morphed back and went to his room to put on some new clothes. In a few minutes he returned in a green T-shirt and black jeans.

"Since Kori is off world, I have called wonder girl to help out hopefully batman would too but I don't think he will." Dick said.

"I guess that's good news... Huh, I'll be in my room."

"Wait Gar, if you need to talk about..."

"I said I'm fine Dick! Later." Gar sluggishly walks to his room, slams the door behind him and slumps deep into his bed. "Ugh! I hate today." He pulls out a pick of Rachel in his phone and stares at it nonstop, "Rachel where are you?"

His armor was melting and the larva monsters didn't seem quite finished with him. He drew all the energy he could muster and felt his muscles stretch but all he could shoot at them were snowballs.

"We have to save him." Rachel muttered with a weak voice while hiding behind a huge rock with Neha and Kavax. The boulder was big enough that it hid them well. Rachel was weak, her eyes flickering as she forced herself to stay awake. Her skin was pale and she couldn't move on her own. She could feel herself slowly slipping out of her own body. Kavax carried her since she seemed paralyzed.

"No way! He would rather kill us himself if it was him and he literally did that. I say we let him die and find our own way out." Neha puffed.

"I...I... We need him, I can't explain... Save him." Her voice was faint with every word she uttered.

"You'll be safe here." Kavax gently lowered her to the ground with her head and back leaning on the boulder for support. She pushed her eyelids up with all her might and took one last glance of Kavax before he dashed off.

"Gar." She exhaled.

I can't believe we're going to save that selfish idiot.

Tyler's vision was blurry and he couldn't keep up his defenses. With each layer of ice in the armor that melts he crafts a new one. If he continued he would eventually run out of energy, oxygen and collapse.

It looks like this is it. The end of the road.

Just as he had accepted his fate, he heard a loud ferocious roar that broke through the molten hot larva and the ice layers into his ear drums. The larva had stopped coming and as he raised his head through the larva and out of the hole, he saw Kavax running towards the monsters with incredible speed. His hind legs pounced on the earth causing minor earthquakes and his sharp claws stretched out ready to slash through anything. Above him was Neha fearless and engulfed in flames. She had incredible target and aim and shot fireballs at the monsters. The huge rocky larva monsters fell back as the fire balls struck them.