Chapter Thirteen: Power of Fire

They were surrounded and the wall of fire that surrounded them grew taller and taller by the minute. Kavax afraid of getting burnt alive since no one knew the extent of energy the larva monster absorbed from Rachel through Tyler. He lowered the two on the ground gently, and threw a stone through but it was completely vaporized and didn't make it through. The fire definitely wasn't natural. Tyler stood his ground and kept blasting the larva monster with all he got but it he kept coming closer.

"I'm gonna try and hit him with a bigger snow storm, that should cool him off."

"Are you mad?" Kavax roared, "What about her?" Pointing at Neha, "Your stupid idea would kill her and us too."

"Well what do you suggest I do wise guy?"

"How about you try to kill the fire surrounding us so we could at least have the option of retreat."

"Huh?" Stroking his chin, "You know for a beast you sure know how to use your brain."

"Just do it!" Kavax Growled.

"Okay okay, chill dude. You see what I did there, I told you to chill because I'm chill?" He keeps looking at Kavax expecting a response but Kavax glared at him with rage while trying to stop himself from devouring him because it seemed he was their only way of getting out of this one since Rachel is out cold and Neha is at the edge of death. Tyler placed both his palms on the ground and erected a huge wall of ice separating the larva monster from them but he knew it would hold it so he had to hurry up and extinguish the fire. He extended both his arms horizontally shot cold freezing ice at the fire that surrounded them but nothing happened.

"Behind you." Kavax pointing at the wall of solid ice which was turning into puddle. Tyler turned and shot multiple ice spears at it but the monster was still persistent and coming in hot. "The fire is connected to him somehow; we have to defeat the larva thing if we want to get out of here alive."

"You mean if you guys, I can get out of here from above though the fire is high." Tyler said.

"You would leave the two people that have risked their lives saving yours to die?" Kavax asked.

"Yeah, pretty much. It's stupid don't you think; risking your life to save someone you don't know? Anyways later." He leaped into the air and slid on air molecules frozen together to hold him. Kavax stared at him with so much anger that he wanted to go after him but he needed to save Neha and Rachel. He stood on his hind legs, roared out loud and rammed into the larva monster. The monster slapped him out of its way and kept heading towards Rachel and Neha. It seemed to have been after Rachel. Kavax's fur burnt off due to his contact with the hot larva monster. He didn't have the strength to get back on his feet since he was burnt pretty badly. He laid on the ground waiting to regenerate again. Tyler was about to slide over the fire that circled them but the heat coming from it melted the molecules he was on and he fell right back down in front of the monster.

"I guess I deserved that." He muttered as he stood on his feet and when he turned around, right there was the larva monster and he could feel the heat coming from it. He stood firm once more ready to fight with it again knowing full well he would lose.

"Stop!" Neha muttered and slowly rose to her feet. She looked like lumps of coal crushed to form a body. Her fire was out and there was no sun for her absorb. She was on her last leg. "Move aside."

"How the hell are you still moving after that blizzard?" Tyler asked confused as he stepped aside.

"Wouldn't you want to know?" She groaned and staggered close to the larva monster, "Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire." She said with an aggressive look on her face as she stared at the larva monster.