Chapter Sixteen: Puppets

"Wait, where is Rachel and..." He turned to see the shattered pieces of his ice sleigh.

"Someone or something took them. We have to look for them."

"Why is it always one problem after another in this godforsaken hell hole?" He raved on, smacking himself on the head. He finally stopped and took a deep breath before falling down on the low grasslands with little rocks hidden in them.

They followed Trigon but kept a safe distance from him. He was capable of anything. Kavax hadn't had the chance to see his face properly but the little he saw from the lights that illuminated the environment got him shivering.

"How did you break free from your shackles?" Rachel asked trying to distract him while she made a plan.

"Oh daughter you truly haven't learnt anything have you? Your time with mortals has altered you in many ways I didn't anticipate." He laughed again.

"Just answer the stupid question." Rachel said.

"Now is that a way to talk to your father? The mortals didn't teach you respect or manners? I'm disappointed." Trigon replied with a cunning smile.

"You did this didn't you? You brought us here, why and how?"

"Rachel, all I ever wanted for you was to be your best self, to reach your full potentials but your stupidity and so called friends have rendered to nothing more than a joke, a disgrace. You're the daughter of Trigon for crying out loud!" Trigon roared and turned his back on her, staring at the red ambiance coming from the edge of the cliff they were on.

"You are stalling aren't you? What are you planning?"

"You'll find out soon, it's a surprise." He grinned maniacally and kept walking, "Aren't you coming?"

"What do you think he's planning?" Kavax murmured to her.

"Whatever it is, it's nothing good. We're in no condition to fight so we have to do as he says till I figure out away to send us back to our bodies." She replied and both kept moving. They reached the edge of the cliff and saw a huge pit of fire.

"Over here!" Trigon called out to them. There was a stair case that went all the way down to the bottom, Trigon was half way done. It was carved out of the edge of the walls of the cliff.

"This looks like hell." Kavax muttered while his eyes gazed in fear.

"The first chance we get we run, alright?" Rachel whispered to him hoping Trigon doesn't suspect anything. Kavax was still healing from the damage Trigon did to him in one hit but he could still walk and Rachael supported him.

"Get up Ty we gotta find them." Neha said hovering around all worried.

"What did you just call me?"

"Ty?"

"My sister calls me that, it's awkward when you do so please don't." Tyler said and got up on his feet.

"The fact that it makes you feel awkward will be the reason I'll call you that from now on." She chuckled.

"Don't tempt me to kill you again." Tyler muttered loudly so she could hear him. "Come on let's find them and hopefully find a way out of here because I don't want to spend another day here." They decided to follow the trail of shattered ice to get a sense of the direction they might have gone.