Chapter 2

Standing in front of the test site, I glanced around at all the different people and how each of them acted. Some acted nervous while others were had smirks on their faces probably believing their quirk could take on the challenge, however, you couldn't just depend on your quirk. In this test, you also need to use the skills to be a hero. I'm pretty sure that jerk from before had a cocky smirk on thinking this was easy. Ugh, why is he in my head? I don't even know who he is.

Slapping myself lightly, I focused on the roaring gates in front of me ready for the test. Abruptly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and immediately jumped not expecting anyone to come near me.

It was a girl with short brown hair "sorry, I just saw you slap yourself and wanted to see if you are okay" I laughed nervously, not suspecting anyone to have seen that. My face lights up red like a traffic light, "oh I'm fine really just trying to get myself ready." After that, she gave me a gentle smile wishing me luck and walked away.

"and begin.."

Racing into the site and quickly making the first turn to not get stuck with the crowd.  Not even a minute and a robot were in front of me, I used my quirk to rise the weeds and wrapping it around the robot's legs before climbing up and ripping out the wires. This carried on as a routine with all the robots that I came across, yet when I got to my 10th robot I saw a robot just about to fall on top of another student and quickly rushed to them rising the weeds from the ground to hold the robot before helping the girl get to safety. She thanked me before going on here way.

Then it was over. Looking down at my hands I could see the blood begin to show. This was a downfall of my quirk when I use it too much my pams start to open up and bleed. I'll sort it out when I get home.

Waiting for Kendo to finish getting ready, I wrapped up my hands with some bandages I had in my bag while I was doing this I saw a certain blonde spiky-haired boy. Now looking at him closely he kinda reminded me of a hedgehog. A hedgehog with anger issues. Interesting. "Stop fucking staring extra" he was now facing me completely staring at me with those piercing eyes. "With that attitude, you won't get in or even become a hero," I stated with a smirk to get on his nervous as payback for shoving past me earlier.

"Just watch me, extra" I smiled remembering how many times I had said that phrase, maybe he is different to what I see now. We'll see if we both get in. He turned away walking away but before I shouted but with my normal happy voice "my name is (Y/N) not extra."

"Katsuki Bakugou" and then he was gone through the gates and out of my sight.

Kendo exited the school and reached me "why are you smiling?" and of course my face glows in pink "nothing" racing out the school so I wouldn't have to deal with her teasing. "(Y/N)" I could hear her shouts and laughter behind me.

Finally, I reached my house and ignored all of Kendo teasing and questions. Opening the door, I saw all the lights off and what was I anticipating she's always working. My mother and I are very close to each other and she tells me everything to expect for the truth about my father. I know she was only trying to protect me but once I had gotta my second quirk she knew she couldn't hide it anymore.

There was a note on the table:

Won't be back till the morning, there is pizza in the fridge. Love you.

Even though, I'm sad at the fact I won't see her today especially since today was my big day. I'm secretly happy. Once it was midnight, I leave the house and walk to the park and begin training, however, not my normal training. The forbidden type. Specify,  my hidden flames.

I know I said I wouldn't use it but I want to have control over it, I need to prepare if I'm gonna be a hero I'll most likely end up using this one day. My promise to my mother still stands, however, I have added to it without her knowing, I'll only use the flames if I really need to.

The sun was now rasing, the night slowly fading away and I knew my mother would be home soon. Not releasing the time, I had stayed out too late. I rushed home as fast as I could, there was no one on the streets so I was easy to get home. Knowing I couldn't go through the front door, rushing up the wall towards my open window and collapsing on my bed exhausted. Listening to my bedroom door crack, I felt my mothers delicate kiss on my forehead "I'm so proud of you"

It's been a few days since the exam and I've been at home mainly unless I've gone out training both of my quirks. Today was no different apart from the fact that my mother was sitting in front of me eating breakfast with me. She had made my favourite breakfast, scrambled eggs and two toasts.  Our laughter filled the room as we joked about different things when the mail had dropped from the mailbox and the room turned silent.

Standing up, I reach the front door looking down at the different letters looking for a specific one. There it was. Grabbing, I stared at it when I heard my mum's voice from the main room "did it come?" and that's when my scream was let loose. Dashing back to my mother, I ripped open the letter to find All Might speaking to me, information was going in and out of my ears until I heard the most important part. "You're in. Come now (Y/N) this will be your hero academy" and right there I collapsed to the floor as my eyes were flooding with tears soon my mother joined me. We were both in tears while hugging each other.

"I got in" I shouted and then slowly whispered.