Chapter 6 : Family Feuds

Yuna's POV

"What are the differences between the DNA molecule and the RNA molecule?"

I've spent the whole of today in my room studying for the test tomorrow. I really want to pass or at least get the 95 I said I would. Nayeon and I have not contacted each other since her last class which was a day ago, but I understand. She probably has a lot of work to do and I don't want to act like that obsessive girlfriend who has to see her everyday. Although, that might be her instead.

"Have you been studying all day?"

"Holy shit, Manoban" I turned around on my desk chair and faced my doorway.

"How did you get in?"

"You're my bestfriend. Of course I would know how to get into your house"

"Did you study for the test tomorrow?"

"Of course I did. I don't know what my dad would do if he gets an email that I flunked my best subject"

I moved from my desk chair and sat on my bed while she took over my previous seat.

"How are your parents anyway?"

"Same like your parents, really. Work here, work there. Having to fly from country to country"

I nodded in understanding and contemplated what I was going to say next.

"Lisa I've been meaning to tell you something. And I haven't told anyone yet"

She sat up excitedly and clapped silently.

"Yay, gossip"

"But don't go telling everyone what I tell you today okay?"

"Yes, yes okay. Now just tell me"

I breathed in and looked at her.

"I'm dating a professor"

I was expecting a rant, a scolding or even an 'it's okay'. But it was the opposite. I was presented with a dissapointed look like it wasn't what she wanted to hear.

"That's it? You're dating a professor?"

I raised my eyebrows.

"Isn't that big news?"

She shrugged.

"I mean yes, it is but we all knew that it was going to happen anyway"

"We?"

"Jennie, Jisoo and myself. We all knew that something was happening between you and the biology professor"

"So you're okay with it?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Cause what I'm doing is a crime and I could get arrested for underaged AND a teacher-student relationship?"

"Meh. I couldn't care less. I know that you'll handle it fine. Plus, I really like you two together so it's worth fighting for"

"You're the bestest friend I could ever ask for, seriously"

She smiled wide and nodded.

"You're welcome"

After that friendly moment, my mind came to one question.

"Anyway, why did you come to my house anyway?"

"Can't I hang out with my friend?"

I stared her in the eye.

"You're lying"

"No!"

"Lisa, tell the truth"