Chapter 18 : Celebration (Pre-Finale)

Narrator's POV

It had already been three days and Yuna was meant to arrive today. To say Nayeon was excited was an understatement as she had already planned something exciting for her girlfriends birthday. It's currently 4am and Lisa should be dropping her off anytime now from the airport.

Nayeon was waiting in the living room, watching her favourite series on Netflix while eating Ice Cream straight out of the tub. It wasn't like she was going through a crisis, it was just one of those times where ice cream was just your best friend when your girlfriend is in Japan.

She just finished her last scoop and was going to go to the fridge to get another tub, but the sound of the main door made her change direction and run straight to the front door. As soon as it opened, Nayeon jumped and threw herself on to Yuna.

"Okay, hi." Yuna greeted.

"Happy Birthday!"

Yuna kissed her cheek in thanks.

"Thank you."

"I miss you." Nayeon muttered into Yuna's hoodie.

"I miss you too."

Yuna had managed to go back in the house with her luggage and girlfriend clinging onto her, as well as locking the door. She just left all her other things in the living room and walked straight upstairs.

"Are we gonna have fun?" Nayeon asked as she looked up with her eyebrows raised.

"As good as that sounds babe I really wanna take a long ass nap. The baby in the plane wouldn't stop crying and nagging at his mom."

"So cuddle sessions?"

"Yeah. Cuddle sessions."

They both got on to the bed and just went to sleep straight away. Well, that's what one of them thought. Nayeon was still awake after laying in bed for a good hour. Yuna was laying sideways facing the opposite direction.

Nayeon was texting someone special and that person had just arrived at the airport and Nayeon was meant to fetch them. She got up and got dressed into clothes that looked a little more pleasant. While she was touching her hair up, she heard the sound of the bedsheets. She turned around and saw Yuna grabbing her pillow and hugging it. Nayeon smiled and walked over to kiss her forehead.

"Baby I'm going to go get some water okay?" Nayeon whispered.

"Mm."

Nayeon quietly grabbed her phone from ghe bedside, left the bedroom and walked downstairs. She picked her wallet up from  the kitchen counter and went to the garage to get into her car. It was still very early in the morning so it wasn't bright out. If Nayeon drove fast enough, the drive back would be a nice view of the sunrise.

~

Nayeon finally pulled up to the pick up point in the airport. Once she made eye contact with the person she immediately pulled over and got out of the car to hug them.

"Finally it's so nice to see you in person." Nayeon greeted with a smiley face.

"Same here."

Nayeon noticed that the woman's Korean  accent was still intact after being in a foreign country for so long. While they talked, Nayeon assisted in putting her lugguage in the trunk and then entering the car.

"Yuna is going to be so excited to see you."

"I know. I couldn't miss my daughter's birthday."

Yup. Nayeon had managed to arrange for Yuna's mom to fly from Florida to Korea for her birthday. It only took a lot of video calls every night and repetitive texting. But after everything was settled, Nayeon bought her a one way ticket to Korea.