Chapter 14 : Long Night

Yuna's POV

"Yuna, are you sure this is going to work?"

"Yes, Ichika. My dad is a person who sucks up to the ones he loves."

I could tell Ichika was going to say something but I stopped her.

"And yes, that means I'm not one of his 'loved ones'."

"Sorry to hear that."

"It's better that way. Trust me."

"Anyway, so can we go through what I have to do later?"

"Yeah okay."

~

"Hey, Ichika can you hear me?" I asked through the earpiece.

"Yes, I can."

"Okay, I'm at my position. Just remember what I told you to do."

"Yes, I remember. I gotta go he's coming in."

Narrator's POV

Yuna was down at the hotel's lobby where her father was staying at. She was seated at the waiting area. It was already 9pm and was waiting just waiting for her dad to come down, after Ichika has done her part.

As expected, Yuna watched her father exit the lifts and leave the hotel. She got up from her seat and followed him.

"Yuna I'm transferring the data now." Ichika spoke in the earpiece.

"Okay. I'm following him now."

"Remember, just distract him for long. Don't create a massive scene."

"Uhm, I can't promise you that."

"Yuna! Just don't do anything stupid."

"Okay! I won't. I have to go, he's entering the store now."

It had all been planned out. Before Yuna's father left the hotel, Ichika had 'persuaded' him to get something from the convenience store down the street. This was meant to get him away from his second phone as far as possible, so that Ichika would be able to send and copy all the business her Yuna's dad has done so they can finally accuse him.

Yuna was meant to do something that would keep him downstairs and away from the hotel room as long as possible.

She followed him into the convenience store which seemed empty, with no one inside and saw him go to the snack section.

"How does a woman have so many cravings at night?" He muttered.

He started to pile up a few chocolate bars of different variety in his hands. Once he was done, he walked over to the cashier to pay. This was where Yuna had to come in. She purposely bumped into him and cut his queue.

"Could you get me that bottle of water behind you?"

The cashier nodded and grabbed it.

"You cut my line." Yuna's dad said.

Yuna didn't respond but that ended up in her being pulled back by the shoulder by him. When their eyes met, Yuna could've swore she saw her father smirk.

"Oh, Yuna. What brings you here?"

"Getting a drink."

Yuna turned back around with attitude to pay the cashier. However, he pulled her back again.

"I want to talk."

"I'm not talking to you."

"I haven't done anything wrong for you to hate me."